Pre trip

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey group, I have an 18 Rubi 3.6 with the factory towing package. I am planning a trip this summer from WA state to moab, vegas and cali. I will be pulling my travel trailer, all loaded up I will be just under the max limits. I want to take care of any potential issues/weak points before I leave. To be honest im not sure what the transmission cooler status is on our jeeps and im not in the country to be able to look at it. Im looking at add/upgrading the transmission cooler. looking for suggestions on it and anything else to make the trip as uneventful as possible. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Reactions: aai

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I wouldn’t mess up with it. I’m confident if you stay below the 3500# AND 350# tongue weight the Rubi will do just fine. Keep in mind you have to subtract the payload in the Jeep.
I have a manual transmission, so I don’t know about the cooler, but I trust is just fine. In my experience the limiting factors for towing capacity in the Wrangler are not really power train related. It’s more suspension and hitch.
Just make sure you do all by the book and check twice.