Sponsored

Sport S vs Sahara stock Susp/Brakes

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Good morning all. We are still a few weeks away from ordering our JL, and the more I build and price the more I sart wondering how much a difference there is between the Sport S and the Sahara. At this point I understand there are certain features not available on the Sport S but really debating on how much we need them. (Definitely not ordering leather or selec-trac, i could add LED aftemarket, and we could live without proximity entry)

So the real question is, (and I tried to search for a comparison of the two dont know if i just used the wrong terms) how much difference is there between the stock suspension of the 2 models, and also how necessary are the larger brakes? Is there going to be a big difference of on/off road handling?
Sponsored

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I went through the same evaluation. One of the items I ran into, and just food for thought, If you were debating getting the safety group, then the sensors are apparently attached to the rear lights. I originally thought the same that you could swap out for LED's in the future, but, if the sensor for BLIS is on the light, it may be harder to impossible. You also may want to look at the final cost, if you plan on getting the 7" screen (technology package in Sport S), what the cost difference really is between the two after you add that, along with the safety. There are a few other options that come standard on the inside that you might want to check out, if you're in a cold area (I'm in one) so getting the Cold Weather Group was a must, that requires the Conveinance Group. The Convenience group is standard on the Sahara. Also you get dual zone climate.

All that being said, if you don't want any of that, the Sport S is a great option. Sorry I'm rambling, spent too long looking at these two models. I too would want to hear from people what the actual difference is in the suspension. Sorry for not answering your question.

OP
OP
Willy723

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
I did see that as well, being as I planned on adding cold weather it only closes the price gap by 395 for the convenience group as well, and we would add the safety package in both shop that's a wash, the only added expense is upgrading to the 7". Sport S with what is wanted 39870 (40565 with steps). Sahara with minimal equipment compared to the sport s is 42330. Right about a 2500 difference. What I need is to be able to explain to the wife why I want her to spend the extra money. Lol and of course if we do end up in the Sahara I'm going to push for the LED package and proximity.

To me It sounds that the Sahara with three upgraded suspension and the 18" ASTs over 17" will make for better on road manners, but I can't find a real description or specs of the suspension that differentiates the 2.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I went through the exact same dilemma. Just tell your wife #YOLO

OP
OP
Willy723

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through the exact same dilemma. Just tell your wife #YOLO
Lol that would be a great argument if I didn't already have 1 car payment that is financially irresponsible, just moved into a new larger house that comes with larger bills and lived in one of the highest COL and taxed states in this great land of ours. Retirement can't come soon enough.
Sponsored