Sponsored

Mopar logo cab cover vs Rain Gear trail cover?

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Here's the Rain Gear cover in the bag but i usually just lay it flat and close the tailgate to hold it in...I was hoping that it would fit in the tray under the floor but i think its a little big for that

IMG_20190314_154923886.jpg
IMG_20190314_155154732.jpg
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I went with the Rain Gear Trail Cover as another forum member had pictures of it completely covering the soft top in the down position. The Mopar cover would not completely do so.

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Here's the Rain Gear cover in the bag but i usually just lay it flat and close the tailgate to hold it in...I was hoping that it would fit in the tray under the floor but i think its a little big for that

IMG_20190314_154923886.jpg
IMG_20190314_155154732.jpg
That is very helpful- thanks.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The Mopar cover material is very light weight compared to Raingear, so it takes less space to store it. Here's the Mopar JLU cover in the JLU rear storage area.
mopar cover stored.jpg

I don't have a Raingear cover now, but the material is similar in weight to my Bestop TJ cab cover. Here's the Mopar JLU cover next to the Bestop TJ cab cover for a stored size comparison.
mopar cover size.jpg

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
The Mopar cover material is very light weight compared to Raingear, so it takes less space to store it. Here's the Mopar JLU cover in the JLU rear storage area.
mopar cover stored.jpg

I don't have a Raingear cover now, but the material is similar in weight to my Bestop TJ cab cover. Here's the Mopar JLU cover next to the Bestop TJ cab cover for a stored size comparison.
mopar cover size.jpg
Interesting- thanks. I think this info along with Rain Gear’s lack of responsiveness have made up my mind. Since it will only be an emergency raincover I like that the Mopar fits under the carpet.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Interesting- thanks. I think this info along with Rain Gear’s lack of responsiveness have made up my mind. Since it will only be an emergency raincover I like that the Mopar fits under the carpet.
Be aware that there is some sag in the Mopar top, especially if you are trying to fit it over a soft top. What happens is as it rains, water will settle in the sags between the roll bars instead of running of the sides. All my covers have done this, but I think the heavier material of my Raingear TJ cover would hold up better under the weight, plus it had a strap from the roll bar to the windshield to limit the sag. The Mopar instructions say to stuff a towel between the roll bar and the top to raise the center of the top so the water will drain off. Because the top doesn't really fit over a lowered soft top, I think I had to use three towels (many inches) to take the slack out of the top.

Here's water accumulating on the top.
mopar cover sagged.jpg

Here's how high I had to raise it to prevent sagging.
mopar cover stuffed.jpg

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hi Hailey,
Could you give me more information (ideally pics) on the difference in folded/packed size between the Mopar cover and the 3 and 5 layer quadratic covers for the 2-door. I’ll need to store this in the Jeep (with very limited space).

Sure thing!
Here is a photo of the Mopar one folded up:

Mopar_82215370_Jeep_Logo_Cab_Cover_Wrangler_Unlimited_JL_Bag.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/jeep-logo-cab-cover-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

It is about the size of a large sneaker shoe box.

Here is the Quadratec one:

Quadratec-3-Layer-Car-Cover-JL-Storage-Bag_0.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/softbond-5-layer-car-cover-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door

This will be about the size of a smaller sleeping bag.

Thank you,
Hailey

jhmenzel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2.0L Turbo, Ford Explorer, Can AM Spyder
Occupation
Process Engineer
I dont have any experience with the Mopar cover but the material that Rain Gear uses is very thick and durable and i have no doubts it will keep things dry. Inside is a smooth vinyl backing and I dont think It will have any adverse effects on paint. Ive been working with them on the 2dr trail cover and they should be very close to having it ready for sale.
I tried calling there number from the websight yesterday and it kept kicking me out. No answer. No ringing either. I want a 2 door and was so excited to see a picture, on the websight. I will order as soon as I can get through. Glad to hear that they are working on them.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I tried calling there number from the websight yesterday and it kept kicking me out. No answer. No ringing either. I want a 2 door and was so excited to see a picture, on the websight. I will order as soon as I can get through. Glad to hear that they are working on them.
Good luck with that, I've been trying for almost 9 months to get a reply in any form of communication.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Hey guys, I just sent an email to my contacts over at Rain Gear so I will keep you updated on any info I receive.

Sponsored

jhmenzel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
Hey guys, I just sent an email to my contacts over at Rain Gear so I will keep you updated on any info I receive.
I appreciate that Allen! I will keep trying as well.

jhmenzel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
The "Out of Stock" was removed from the 2-door Trail Covers today and I placed my order. I am excited!

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I have a 2dr Rubicon hardtop. Is there a rain cover out there that I can use while still riding the trails? We ride in Michigan a lot and with my hardtop removed it would be nice to have if I run into unexpected rain on the trail.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
The "Out of Stock" was removed from the 2-door Trail Covers today and I placed my order. I am excited!
Sweet!...I never got a reply from my email but I received a shipping notification late last Friday that I got another cover on the way. This could possibly be their final product as we were really close on the last test cover but there were still two areas where I thought it could be improved. Hang in there, these covers are very nice and you won't be disappointed in the fit and quality.

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Is there a cover that works with the soft top either folded down or in the safari mode? Basically a cover in an emergency for when you don't have the doors, side and rear window?
Sponsored