NSW Spotted JL

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
So today after coming back from lunch at Castle Hill RSL i saw my first wild JL Wrangler..

It was the Punk'n Orange, but i thought most dealerships would of held onto that colour and that they were still being held back for the steering recall? Either way.. Was surprised to see one not at a dealership haha

I assume this is a personally owned car and not a dealership car due to the plates..

Just sucks that im still having to wait for my Mojito Rubicon to arrive =/ Please be a June delivery for me Jeep......

2019-03-28 13.58.33.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Did I spot you today Brett (Rubi D)?

As I was walking into the 4wd show at eastern creek today I noticed this yellow Rubicon pulling into the car park with the rhino backbone installed and no platform.. figured it was you haha.

Clean rig you have and it just rubs it in that I should have taken delivery of mine last week but unfortunately got stuffed around lol
20190907_161029.jpg

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Did I spot you today Brett (Rubi D)?

As I was walking into the 4wd show at eastern creek today I noticed this yellow Rubicon pulling into the car park with the rhino backbone installed and no platform.. figured it was you haha.

Clean rig you have and it just rubs it in that I should have taken delivery of mine last week but unfortunately got stuffed around lol
20190907_161029.jpg
Lol, you got me. Kinda stands out, doesn't it.
Hopefully the platform turns up early this week.
What colour Rubi did you go for? Hopefully it will not be a long wait.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Have you changed the rear bumper? I was thinking of getting the factory one. Is there any other options? ARB still does not have anything on their website.

Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you changed the rear bumper? I was thinking of getting the factory one. Is there any other options? ARB still does not have anything on their website.
No, not yet. I have been looking, but so far yet to find a bar that covers all the features of the standard except in steel with the number plate relocated so it doesn't interfere with the tow hitch. That includes reversing sensors and rear fog lights. Without looking too radical.
Hopefully the Hayman Reese tow bar will be available any time now, so will need to do something about the rear bar. I meant to ask ARB at the show, but forgot to do that. I thought they would have had something available by now.
I asked a few other vendors about aftermarket product for the JL Wrangler. Pretty much the common response was they had no product or even plans to produce. Sounds like there will be little local content for a while.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys,

Was the 4wd show any good for JL parts?

I have a sport S in the Hellayella and I am getting impatient that we have our Jeeps but really there is not much to buy in Au for us. I have a hard top and would love a soft top. It looks like I will be ordering probably one from Quadratec in US soon as FCA is useless. Why they show there accessories when they are not in stock is beyond me.

I have seen www.doubleblackoffroad.com and they have some good bars as well as other accessories. Come on ARB, please release a JL catalogue!

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Definitely did stand out and hoping mine does to seeing as that i ordered Mojito =) I see on the jeep website that Mojito has officially been replaced by bikini now as well. Still pretty annoying that no one knows where my car is and what its doing.. I'll be calling them again first thing in the morning, but sigh...

Btw, did they give you the sunrider soft top as well as the standard hard top with your car?

Hello guys,

Was the 4wd show any good for JL parts?

I have a sport S in the Hellayella and I am getting impatient that we have our Jeeps but really there is not much to buy in Au for us. I have a hard top and would love a soft top. It looks like I will be ordering probably one from Quadratec in US soon as FCA is useless. Why they show there accessories when they are not in stock is beyond me.

I have seen www.doubleblackoffroad.com and they have some good bars as well as other accessories. Come on ARB, please release a JL catalogue!
There was virtually nothing for the JL's there apart from universal equipment from what i saw. The way to go is just order everything from America at this stage unfortunately

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely did stand out and hoping mine does to seeing as that i ordered Mojito =) I see on the jeep website that Mojito has officially been replaced by bikini now as well. Still pretty annoying that no one knows where my car is and what its doing.. I'll be calling them again first thing in the morning, but sigh...

Btw, did they give you the sunrider soft top as well as the standard hard top with your car?
Hey, love the Mojito. It would have been my colour choice if it wasn't for the yellow.

Yes, the soft top came in a big box in the back. Also, if the dealer hasn't opened the box, there should be plastic floor mats, tool kit for removing bits, a whole heap of plastic parts, and rear and side windows, to go along with the soft top. Plus the stowage bag for the Freedom Tops. If you ordered the Electrical Pack, you will also get a bag of connectors and heat shrink.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hey, love the Mojito. It would have been my colour choice if it wasn't for the yellow.

Yes, the soft top came in a big box in the back. Also, if the dealer hasn't opened the box, there should be plastic floor mats, tool kit for removing bits, a whole heap of plastic parts, and rear and side windows, to go along with the soft top. Plus the stowage bag for the Freedom Tops. If you ordered the Electrical Pack, you will also get a bag of connectors and heat shrink.
Awesome, this is good to know as i'll now know if anything is missing when i eventually take delivery haha

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Back in May I got a call from my dealer saying that Mojito had been discontinued for Australia but I was lucky to get maybe the last one.

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Back in May I got a call from my dealer saying that Mojito had been discontinued for Australia but I was lucky to get maybe the last one.
Lucky Lucky.. Mojito will be a rare colour in Australia thats for sure... Dont think i'll see to many Mojito Rubicons going around.. my dealer said i was the only Mojito Petrol Rubicon they ordered, think there was one other in diesel ..

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Lucky Lucky.. Mojito will be a rare colour in Australia thats for sure... Dont think i'll see to many Mojito Rubicons going around.. my dealer said i was the only Mojito Petrol Rubicon they ordered, think there was one other in diesel ..
Only saw one Mojito rubicon on M4 about 1 year ago.... I think it’s a JK.
Sponsored