35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Yeah. So the faster you go the more MPH it will be off.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well, waited all day, but just picked it up. I replace my stock wheels. These are 35 inch KO2’s. The lift definitely added 2”, not sure it it will settle a bit, but it did add 2”. The ride is improved imo, no roll, not harsh, really nice. I’ll measure when I get home, but I think I may get 37’s now!!
It rides better, you said. In what way? More plush on the highway? And do you have the same air pressure in the 35s that you had in the 33s? I'm really curious about this. I felt my ride got a little harsher when I went from stock setup on my 14 rubicon to 2.5" teraflex springs with rancho 9000xl shocks and even had the shocks at the softest setting. (also same rims/tires) I don't want to make the ride more harsh on the highway so it's a concern for me lifting this time.

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
It rides better, you said. In what way? More plush on the highway? And do you have the same air pressure in the 35s that you had in the 33s? I'm really curious about this. I felt my ride got a little harsher when I went from stock setup on my 14 rubicon to 2.5" teraflex springs with rancho 9000xl shocks and even had the shocks at the softest setting. (also same rims/tires) I don't want to make the ride more harsh on the highway so it's a concern for me lifting this time.
I have the same question too. you are ideal to give feedback on this since you drove it stock with your 35's for a few weeks so you can compare that with it lifted... thanks in advance!

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Better pics:

A3E151D7-C3EF-45A7-93B2-57A0246215BB.jpeg

7854094B-DE06-4066-9591-A894D0EC6285.jpeg
much better pics, thanks for posting, i think your jeep looks great, last nights pic made the 35's look small'sh but that pics looks much better today... what wheel is that, size, back space and offset?

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
As far as the ride, I'm coming from a 2012 JK with at 3.5" and 35" KO's and it is night and day, definitely similar height. Compared to the stock suspension the ride does feel more plush, slightly less responsive and slightly more play on the highway and over bumps, pots and debris. Off road, on light trails and mud is where it is much less harsh, less stiff feeling but no body roll. I have had limited time, but these are my opinions so far. The installer at the dealership said it should settle, level out and keep an eye on it. If by the end of next week its not level or much improved they will replace it. I am debating on getting 37's, I just never had them before. The wheels are Mopar 17 inch performance wheel in jet black, which is not matte but not glossy, its satin, looks good in person. The offset is 12mm with 5.22 back space. Paid $210 per wheel, happen to be at dealership so I snagged them and the floor liner mats. The tires now extend out past the flares just a bit.

Last edited:

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
I'll take some shots of it for you. I'm going with BFG KO2's, with a C load rating. It works so well with the 33" KO2's (C rated), that I wanted to stay as close to what it feels like now, as I can. I'm mounting them on the stock wheels.
so I have looked into getting 315 70 r17 ko2's and supposedly you can only get them in 8 and 10 ply, not the 6 ply (c load rating right)?

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
so I have looked into getting 315 70 r17 ko2's and supposedly you can only get them in 8 and 10 ply, not the 6 ply (c load rating right)?
They do, in fact, make them in that size in load rating C. I think they were made for the ford f150 raptor if I'm not mistaken. That's exactly what I plan on getting as well!

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
As far as the ride, I'm coming from a 2012 JK with at 3.5" and 35" KO's and it is night and day, definitely similar height. Compared to the stock suspension the ride does feel more plush, slightly less responsive and slightly more play on the highway and over bumps, pots and debris. Off road, on light trails and mud is where it is much less harsh, less stiff feeling but no body roll. I have had limited time, but these are my opinions so far. The installer at the dealership said it should settle, level out and keep an eye on it. If by the end of next week its not level or much improved they will replace it. I am debating on getting 37's, I just never had them before. The wheels are Mopar 17 inch performance wheel in jet black, which is not matte but not glossy, its satin, looks good in person. The offset is 12mm with 5.22 back space. Paid $210 per wheel, happen to be at dealership so I snagged them and the floor liner mats. The tires not extend out past the flares just a bit.
Thx for the info. Fine looking vehicle you have there!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is sitting right now on C rated 315 KO2's. Btw, the load rating doesn't really measure plys. Radial tires don't really work that way. The E rated 315 KO2 only weighs 1/2 pound more than the C. It isn't as different as ply ratings would suggest. The 315's come in C and E. There is no D in that size. The 35x12x17 only comes in E, I believe.
Sponsored