First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's all part of the tow package. Fits right in with the receiver no prob. Right now there is no tire relocation or anything. That is all stock. I do however have Warn's tire carrier coming as I now have 35" tires. The tire carrier and bumper can hold up to 37's. I will post pictures once that is here.
Bob, If I understand correctly, then that is the original 33” tire on the tailgate in the photo? If so, do you think the bumper provides enough clearance for a 35” tire? Judging by the photo, it looks like it should, but will be close. Thanks.

@ATXMTB, I am currently running 35” KO2s mounted to the OEM rims on my JLR and have the spare mounted on the tailgate using the standard tire carrier. I have noticed no issues opening/closing the gate and no unusual noises. I originally had a rough country tire relocator, but removed it because the tire was obstructing so much of the window.

Mark
Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Bob- sorry, you answered my question before I even asked. You must be psychic. How much space do you have between the bottom of the tire and the bumper? Thanks again.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
The Trail Hunter was built to find and conquer the trails of the PNW. She's not a designated rock crawler, she's not a designated long trip overland; she does it all. She tackles the back country roads, rough green dot roads, scramble up rocks, chase deer, and haul family and camper trailer to base camps. She's is a Rubicon purchased from Dave Smith in Idaho. The Trail Hunter's mods to help her conquer the PNW trails include:

2" Mopar Lift with Fox Shocks
Teraflex Next 2.2 Steering Stabilizer
35X12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn Elite front bumper
Warn Zeon 10s winch
Warn elite rear bumper
Gobi Stealth Rack
KC 50" Light Bar
KC Scene lights - 4 pods
JL Tazer
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
Mopar Grab Handles
Dometic 35W Fridge
ARB Twin Compressor with tank in suitcase

Im feeling really happy with the build right now and don't have any more mods planned in the immediate future but I am sure I will get some ideas down the road.
Awesome rig! How long was your wait for the Gobi rack? How long have you owned the Zeon 10-s and would you buy it again? I'm looking at the same series.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome rig! How long was your wait for the Gobi rack? How long have you owned the Zeon 10-s and would you buy it again? I'm looking at the same series.
Gobi rack wait was like 5 month. Worth the wait. Excited to haul canoe all summer. The zeon 10-s rocks. I have had it for about 6 months and have performed about 7 recoveries with it. I would absolutely pay for the Zeon series. I go wheeling solo and having the most reliable winch is a must for me. Before the Jeep I had a GMC Canyon and got stuck scouting for deer deep in the woods with my 3 year old son and of course I had no winch, shovel or hi lift so I was stuck - not long after moved to the Jeep and winch and Hi Lift and feel pretty comfortable going solo in the woods.

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Gobi rack wait was like 5 month. Worth the wait. Excited to haul canoe all summer. The zeon 10-s rocks. I have had it for about 6 months and have performed about 7 recoveries with it. I would absolutely pay for the Zeon series. I go wheeling solo and having the most reliable winch is a must for me. Before the Jeep I had a GMC Canyon and got stuck scouting for deer deep in the woods with my 3 year old son and of course I had no winch, shovel or hi lift so I was stuck - not long after moved to the Jeep and winch and Hi Lift and feel pretty comfortable going solo in the woods.

The technology in that winch has come a long ways. I think they put out a third more power than the predecessors. The platinum offers even more power on top of that. I think it's a solid choice. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm entering month two for my stealth rack. The said don't even ask for an update until month four. I read in another thread that a guy is on month seven for that same rack. Crazy! Plus they just raised the price this month by 100 bucks. 1895 for a stealth rack now.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The technology in that winch has come a long ways. I think they put out a third more power than the predecessors. The platinum offers even more power on top of that. I think it's a solid choice. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm entering month two for my stealth rack. The said don't even ask for an update until month four. I read in another thread that a guy is on month seven for that same rack. Crazy! Plus they just raised the price this month by 100 bucks. 1895 for a stealth rack now.
I think I had one of the first 50 or so orders - the day I bought the Jeep I ordered the rack.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bob- sorry, you answered my question before I even asked. You must be psychic. How much space do you have between the bottom of the tire and the bumper? Thanks again.
Hey sorry for taking so long. 1.5 inches spare room. Installing Warn tire carrier when it arrives which gives a lot more room and mount points for hi lift and rotopax also!

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey sorry for taking so long. 1.5 inches spare room. Installing Warn tire carrier when it arrives which gives a lot more room and mount points for hi lift and rotopax also!
Thanks. That should work for my 35s. I plan to get the warn bumper that will accept the tire carrier so I can add it in the future. It is a lot of $$$ so I need to space things out a bit!

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
New Warn shackle - the “hyperlink” and the new hook - the “sidewinder”
I haven’t performed a recovery with them yet but they are solid and seem like they will make rigging a breeze.

4B58DF6E-6EAE-4CAE-B6F2-DCB81DFD93EE.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of the Warn rear bumper. I've been trying to find some info on this set of bumpers
Here it with the tire carrier. I got the hi lift bracket on there but need to get two extra wheel lug nuts to attach it!

862D6D69-D03B-4224-9B74-0643F7BABC04.jpeg

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Here it with the tire carrier. I got the hi lift bracket on there but need to get two extra wheel lug nuts to attach it!

862D6D69-D03B-4224-9B74-0643F7BABC04.jpeg
Looks great! I’m curious how the Mopar Lift handles the extra weight of the aftermarket bumpers, tire carrier, and winch. Any feedback? I’m awaiting delivery of front and rear Rock Hard 4X4 front and rear steel bumpers and am contemplating my lift options. I’m stock height now and anticipate the OEM Rubi Springs will lose some height with the bumpers and skid plates. How’s the 2” Mopar handle on road with all the weight?

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I’m curious how the Mopar Lift handles the extra weight of the aftermarket bumpers, tire carrier, and winch. Any feedback? I’m awaiting delivery of front and rear Rock Hard 4X4 front and rear steel bumpers and am contemplating my lift options. I’m stock height now and anticipate the OEM Rubi Springs will lose some height with the bumpers and skid plates. How’s the 2” Mopar handle on road with all the weight?
You know it’s hard to say. I did one upgrade at a time so each time the change was so minor I didn’t notice it. If I did it all at once I might be able to tell. Maybe I should test drive a stock Jeep for fun.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Teraflex falcon steering stabilizer bracket broke... Extreme Terrain exchanged it for me for a Fox of the same value. Worked out ok as I just updated to Steersmarts full JL system and the teraflex bracket doesn't fit. The Fox will work.

Steersmarts fixed my death wobble issues. I don't even need a steering stabilizer now but I sure it will fill nice to get it on.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Very nicely done - I'm developing my own theory as I learn more in regards to the build but your intro and background regarding your Jeep's purpose seems to echo what I"m going to go for. Thanks!

Question - with the Gobi stealth rack, how hard is it to remove the hard top?
Sponsored