OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Sure they will. They already sell it. Just not in the states.
https://www.ford.com.au/performance/ranger-raptor/

That 10 speed auto is supposedly the bee's knees too.
The standard ranger has been the best selling ute in Aus for dogs years. It's a fantastic pick. Tiny by US standards, I know, but does the job for most folks just fine. And, fits on the roads in Europe as well.
They will not be making a Raptor Ranger for the current generation Ranger, but the current gen Ranger was developed overseas and has been on sale for years. The all new Ranger which is being built on the same platform as the new Bronco will be out in 2021 and they said a Raptor Ranger version is planned for the U.S.

Basically the current Ranger dosen't have enough space in the engine bay for a motor that American's would be happy with and the new one will.
I know its sold overseas we where talking about in the U.S.
Sponsored

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Just my thoughts....

I have a 2011 F-150, a 2017 Edge Sport and a 2019 JLR on order. IF the Bronco was out today... I may or may not have the JLR on order. IT isn't a "Ford Fan" thing. It is a cost/capability with the fun factor. I've wanted a 60s Bronco or newer Jeep for a while. I'm not buying it for the fuel economy, creature comforts (although the new JLs have that in spades compared to older models), or even practicality. I want that classic look and feel that I've wanted since I learned to drive. Honestly, before that even when I was helping a buddy restore his old 66 International Scout.

Those old Broncos and Scouts were the right size, features and look for a badass, give no shit, fun box.

I want the Bronco to succeed..... when options exists, manufacturers are forces to be competitive in either pricing or offerings. It is a win-win either way.....and if I love my JL better than the Bronco, I'll be praying the flatbill man bun mall squatters love it! lol

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Recently I rode in a F150 with the six eco boost engine. I have to say that the power was very noticeable and the mileage was outstanding for a truck. So my thoughts are Ford for power and efficiency and Wrangler for looks and after market goodies! comfort don't know yet but my wrangler sure is.

howellrb11

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S Crystal Granite
In my opinion, the Ecoboost is a great engine as it comes to power and mpg. I will not deny that. The problem I tend to get a run around answer to with no response is how long is the turbo longevity and at what cost to replace. I am a huge fan of a bronco and was tempted to hold off in getting one. But I decided to get a Jeep some based on the engine options. It is what also makes me hesitant on the upcoming diesels that Jeep is releasing.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
If the turbo is properly machined, balanced and lubricated it should last the normal service life of the engine. Back in my youth my dad had an 18 wheeler that had almost 1 million miles on it when he sold it and it still had all of the critical engine components. Problems arise with maintenance and manufacturing flaws...not to mention the fact that people like to mess with stuff to see what they can get out of it. A properly tuned, maintained, manufactured and, last but not least, not abused turbo should only need to be replaced on total engine rebuilds. I will add the caveat that I have never owned a gas turbo engine. All of my experience is with diesel engines and I have had both on road and off road applications. Never a single turbo failure on my trucks or equipment.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I have a Jeep a Ford and a Chevy and I will say Fords quality control is far better than FCA I have the F150 3.5 EcoBoost and it makes a ton of power down low and it’s rock solid reliable. They know how to make power with a small displacement turbocharged engine with out putting extra batteries and a bunch of other crap underneath your Jeep for the bsg system .I would love to have Fords 2.7 EcoBoost engine in my Jeep It would make the 2.0 look like a joke. I still love my Jeep but I’m looking forward to the Broncos competition

Great point.... we have enjoyed the power and efficiency of our explore twin turbo sport.. that thing flys moving 5klbs and 20+ mpg... 4 years not one problem.. So ford does get some credit in this area in my experience.

But I don't believe the Ranger raptor, nor the Bronco will have a front solid axle.. I would bet $ on it...

The Bronco's market and competition will be just Toyota TRD's and desert folks...

I am sure they wont be sending bronco mules up the rubicon… but I am sure you will see them in the desert..

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Or a hemi.... please...… if i have to suffer with 13mpg... at least make it me enjoy the sound and torque of a hemi..

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
In my opinion, the Ecoboost is a great engine as it comes to power and mpg. I will not deny that. The problem I tend to get a run around answer to with no response is how long is the turbo longevity and at what cost to replace. I am a huge fan of a bronco and was tempted to hold off in getting one. But I decided to get a Jeep some based on the engine options. It is what also makes me hesitant on the upcoming diesels that Jeep is releasing.
Thus the reason to buy a lifetime warranty.. $3K cheap insurance … I bet Ford wont offer that....

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I see it this way- at many points in history, there existed Jeeps and Broncos. There were Jeeps and FJs. There were Jeeps and (insert other fun off-roader). Jeep remained.

I don’t see it as a bad thing, as having choices will fuel innovation. I won’t knock anything until I see it, but the pattern says: there’s just nothing like a Jeep.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Lmao guys this is an April fools day article from 3 years ago. Those “spy” photos are part of the joke. Guess 3 years on people still aren’t checking sources ‍

@twistedunlimited
And there'll be new ones dropping this coming Monday. Should be fun to watch those circulate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.