JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
So if my dealer puts 35s on it it won’t void the warranty?
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Stock on BFG 35’s. Ride and steering feel just like original tires. Waiting on new AEV JL Borah wheels. Should be available in Feb/19.

A283DFAF-2D73-4B18-8382-C1FFA45F1D47.jpeg
I too was hoping for the AEV Borah wheels, was hoping they would launch at SEMA. I lost patience and bought the Mopar Simulated Beadlocks. They essentially look the same as the Borah’s to me. A little bit different but very much the same. The Borah’s might be DOT legal in the beadlock position though. (Disclaimer on their site though?)

I found www.yourmoparparts.com has them at a the best price. Their website sucks as there are no pictures, but if you know the part number and plug it in you will see they have great prices.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Hi everyone

I love those fuel Beast Wheels. I have a 2019 JLUR on order and would love to NOT do a lift. I like the "stocky" look on a Rubicon with no lift. Almost every dealer and aftermarket place is telling me with the JL you do NOT need a lift. I was considering either the 20 x 12 -44 offset Fuel Beast or the 20 x 10 -18 offset. Have you had a chance to do a lock to lock turn and fully flex your truck? I'm assuming you know about jeeps looking at the other one -:)
It look amazing.

Thanks for your time.
Alex
I agree with the no lift. I love the fuel beats too, but I think trying to access the valve to air up is going to be a PIA.

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have 22x12, -44 offset. I didn't have any issues with no lift. With the 13.50 AT2, they stuck out too far for my liking. I had plans to lift it anyway. It now has 37x12.50-22 RTs on it, which I love the stance much better. Your 10" wheel with a 12.50 tire would sit just right.

IMG_5718.JPG
Love the look of 22. I was leaning towards 20” fuels with no lift. If my research is correct, I should be able to fit 35l” with no problem. How would 37” work without a lift?

Many thanks

Gkatnh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green '99 WJ; White '18 JLUR
So if my dealer puts 35s on it it won’t void the warranty?
From what I’ve researched (and speaking with the sales and service sides of my dealership) it appears to be on a case-by-case basis... dependent on dealership, the particular mod, what warranty issue you’re having (in relation to the mod), etc. By most standards, I think this is pretty conservative with respect to preserving warranty. It’s the only option I too am considering - for the same reason - at the moment. Only thing left for me is to decide whether or not to add a spacer, and whether or not I think it will have material impact on warranty. I do off road and rock crawl pretty regularly, so I am concerned about any rubbing at full-flex.

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Love the look of 22. I was leaning towards 20” fuels with no lift. If my research is correct, I should be able to fit 35l” with no problem. How would 37” work without a lift?

Many thanks
37s would fit if you did not plan on turning. Id stick with 35s with no lift.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase

Many thanks
Running 37s on stock wheels no lift. Very infrequent steering rub at full left lock, but I do have aluminum inner fenders. An occasional rub on the rear fender/bumper spacers, but fixable if I would just take them out. DD is fine. You couldn’t do more than go over a curb from a flex standpoint though so anything more radical than a dirt road isn’t probably a good idea off-road wise.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So, I did some searching and couldn’t find the answer. Maybe I’m stupid. Anyway, the wheel I want is a 20x10 -18 offset. Will a 35x12.59 rub at full turn? If so, could I do a 11 or 11.50 wide tire to make the difference? I’m going to be running Ridge Grapplers.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looks good what tires are those? I have 37th with the Mopar lift but friends of mine that did the 35 tires with no lift when they went off roading it did rub and hit just letting you know

Sponsored

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Looks great, just ordered ours and wanted to do the exact same wheel and tire set up with no lift. Do you get any rubbing or does it hit when you're fully articulated?
It's 4hr to the Appalachians from where I live, so only made it once so far. Have yet to fully articulate, so not certain if it'll rub.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Looks good what tires are those? I have 37th with the Mopar lift but friends of mine that did the 35 tires with no lift when they went off roading it did rub and hit just letting you know
The stock 7.5" wheels are technically too narrow for 35's. I tried it, played with tire inflation, didn't like the ride or the tire to ground contact and put on 9" wheels and was much happier. I know a lot of guys put the 35's on 7.5" wheels but as they say to each his own. It is not recommended.

IMG_20180914_175141135_HDR.jpg

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
definitely need a lift with 35s. would look a lot better. I just got mine lifted and still have the stock wheels. doesnt look too bad but i got chicken legs haha

IMG_6349.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
definitely need a lift with 35s. would look a lot better. I just got mine lifted and still have the stock wheels. doesnt look too bad but i got chicken legs haha

IMG_6349.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG
That’s 33s with a lift or 35s?
What lift is it?
Sponsored