Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know enough about the m200s, but I would imagine 35s put a lot of stress on an untrussed stock axle. Especially on trails.
I def need to do more research. Last time I was under our Sahara I do believe the M200s have trusses from the pumpkin to the tube.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I def need to do more research. Last time I was under our Sahara I do believe the M200s have trusses from the pumpkin to the tube.
called Dana in November and talked with them(engineering folks) several times about the m200, m186 axles running 35's. They said running 35's were ok for on road driving, but were "pushing the limits for offroad use" and you need to go easy on the skinny pedal. I then asked about running 35's locked up and they said it was highly not recommended.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
called Dana in November and talked with them(engineering folks) several times about the m200, m186 axles running 35's. They said running 35's were ok for on road driving, but were "pushing the limits for offroad use" and you need to go easy on the skinny pedal. I then asked about running 35's locked up and they said it was highly not recommended.
I wish there was a dislike button :/

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
FWIW I bent both axle flanges on my rubi 3 weeks ago with 38s, and the only replacements are OEM at 400 a side

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon

Sponsored

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
What about these? They have the narrow and wide 44. Also, how’d you do it? Just a lot of side weight on an obstacle? Speed?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/axle-shaft-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-dana-44-rear-axle
They are listed as preorder, I contacted Spicer and they said itll be a few more months. Was going up an obstacle with a bit of speed and slid back down. Both rear tires instantly gained traction once they hit ground and lurched forward killing the jeep in the process. Guess it's better I bent axle flanges than then R&P or DS

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
They are listed as preorder, I contacted Spicer and they said itll be a few more months. Was going up an obstacle with a bit of speed and slid back down. Both rear tires instantly gained traction once they hit ground and lurched forward killing the jeep in the process. Guess it's better I bent axle flanges than then R&P or DS
Ohh gotcha. Still able to drive it home? I think I would have preferred driveshaft lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that sucks big time. I guess it makes sense but shocked it happened. Guess it goes to show even D44s have weaknesses. Maybe the dealer will take pity on you and give you a break but I highly doubt it.

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Wow that sucks big time. I guess it makes sense but shocked it happened. Guess it goes to show even D44s have weaknesses. Maybe the dealer will take pity on you and give you a break but I highly doubt it.
Nah I'm not going to even try. With what I do to this thing, my concious would eat me alive. I'll just wobble my ass to work until some aftermarket comes out

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nah I'm not going to even try. With what I do to this thing, my concious would eat me alive. I'll just wobble my ass to work until some aftermarket comes out
LOL, you're nuts. How bad is it wobbling?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Not bad about an inch of movement, kind of like a massage chair when I'm on the highway. Rotors and pads will be shot, for sure. Surprisingly no leak from the seal yet
Be sure to pick up a pair of wheel hub assembly as well because those won’t last long either doing what you’re doing.
Sponsored