Sponsored

Clearplex on windshield?

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I visited my local detailer recently who also does a lot of wraps and PPF (paint protection films). We got to talking about the number of windshields the jeeps have been going through and he recommended I try some clearplex on it to add some extra protection from rocks, etc. The product is made for windshields so it is definitely clear enough, Im just curious if it works or if the cracking issues are from hot/cold rather than rock/debris. Seems like many of the cracks are happening during extreme temperature shifts.

He gave me a length of it, Im tempted to put it on... certainly couldnt hurt. Anyone else try it?

https://madico.com/dealers/automotive/windshield-protection/clearplex
Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Looks interesting. I emailed my local dealer.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I visited my local detailer recently who also does a lot of wraps and PPF (paint protection films). We got to talking about the number of windshields the jeeps have been going through and he recommended I try some clearplex on it to add some extra protection from rocks, etc. The product is made for windshields so it is definitely clear enough, Im just curious if it works or if the cracking issues are from hot/cold rather than rock/debris. Seems like many of the cracks are happening during extreme temperature shifts.

He gave me a length of it, Im tempted to put it on... certainly couldnt hurt. Anyone else try it?

https://madico.com/dealers/automotive/windshield-protection/clearplex
Did you ever put it on?

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
She didnt recommend it for windshields. Said it scratched easy and was expensive. Like 400 dollars.
thanks.....I knew it was too good to be true.....I'll see what this dealer says and let you know...
Sponsored