Sponsored

New Tazer JL just came in, I have a couple of questions.

FDXGUY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse but....... my tazer doesn’t have the current 11.8 firmware, it has 11.6, is it that critical to update it because after several attempts to do it, I couldn’t get it to update. Second question, the back up camera comes on when the blinkers are on, can I turn that off? I didn’t see in the menu how to do that. Thanks
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
No you don’t have to update to 11.08 but since it’s new you should just do it, if it’s not updating correctly contact Zauto for help.

As far as turncam yes you can turn it for thru the menu tin the Tazer, I did not think this was enabled by default

OP
OP
FDXGUY

FDXGUY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
No you don’t have to update to 11.08 but since it’s new you should just do it, if it’s not updating correctly contact Zauto for help.

As far as turncam yes you can turn it for thru the menu tin the Tazer, I did not think this was enabled by default
Thanks, my son got it updated for me. Now the interface seems to scroll in different languages but I’m making progress lol

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, my son got it updated for me. Now the interface seems to scroll in different languages but I’m making progress lol
Lol .... it’s not scrolling in different languages, you have to realize that the EVIC display on the JL is there for more than the Tazer so what you are likely seeing is the Tazer choices overlaid on top of the existing text

Here is a short vid I did awhile back on the text overlay so is this kinda what you are seeing

OP
OP
FDXGUY

FDXGUY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Lol .... it’s not scrolling in different languages, you have to realize that the EVIC display on the JL is there for more than the Tazer so what you are likely seeing is the Tazer choices overlaid on top of the existing text

Here is a short vid I did awhile back on the text overlay so is this kinda what you are seeing

Mine was just like that before the firmware update, it way different now. It’s weird. I’m going to just spend more time with it. Now I’ve lost some different indicator lights and features.
Sponsored