First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Thanks for all the replies guys. Some good advice and some funny ones!

Ugh, sucks cuz while Im cruising to the beach, we would like to be jamming to some good loud tunes (especially if the top is off and wind noise is everywhere).

Ill have to think of something.

Thanks though!

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I had the Bestop underseat lockbox on my TJ where I kept a copy of my insurance, registration, and garage door opener. It was so well hidden under the seat (out of sight, out of mind) that I placed my truck keys in there on a road trip and completely freaked out when I thought I lost them. I'm hoping someone will be able to come out with something similar for the JL.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Parked it like this at my work parking garage this morning. The day was too beautiful not to go topless. It's always a risk. I agree not to leave anything in the jeep and keep the glove boxes open. It's a pain but you have to adapt to the world we live in today.

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg
Yes, I would park next to you.:like:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Mopartner

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 2015 Sprinter
What about the various vaults or safes available?? Anybody out add 2cents please

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yeah but they'll steal the camera also.
Your missing the point...if a thief wants to get in your Jeep and steal stuff there is nothing you can do to stop that.

Best you can do is deter someone who is thinking about it the best you can.

...trust me.

Sponsored

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, being a Jeep owner you often have to think through what you keep inside the Jeep and where you keep it. With my first Jeep (YJ), I had a detachable steering wheel (complete with carrying bag) to deter vehicle theft. Didn't stop them from slicing my soft half door inserts...to steal my prescription Oakleys (so damn aggravating)...so I kept it unlocked after that.
My JK and now JL are a bit more secure and I live in a better area now...but it's always worth thinking about what you plan on doing and where your Jeep may be spending the night before you leave home.
When I got my first Wrangler, it was a 2002 TJ. My brother had a Levi edition CJ way back when. He warned me the day I got it to not keep anything in it and leave it unlocked.

I've done the same thing for my JK, and I'm doing the same thing for my JL. It's pretty good advice, actually. Especially if you have a soft top.

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I lock the glovebox/console but leave my toolbox and accessories in the trunk. In years of owning Jeeps I've never had anything stolen, just shuffled around a few times then left alone.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Your missing the point...if a thief wants to get in your Jeep and steal stuff there is nothing you can do to stop that.

Best you can do is deter someone who is thinking about it the best you can.

...trust me.
You're the one that said to put decals and a camera in the Jeep. I was pointing out that was a senseless effort. Ring doorbells are finding that crooks are getting smarter by walking to the door with some cardboard in front of them and then they take the doorbell with them along with the packages from the front porch.

And why should I trust you?

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You're the one that said to put decals and a camera in the Jeep. I was pointing out that was a senseless effort. Ring doorbells are finding that crooks are getting smarter by walking to the door with some cardboard in front of them and then they take the doorbell with them along with the packages from the front porch.

And why should I trust you?
Like I first said if a thief wants something he will find a way to take it. Try to deter the best you can.

There called theft "deterrent" systems not theft "proof".

I said trust out of experience and wisdom.

...dont leave anything in a convertable car you dont want stolen.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Here’s my take..

1. Don’t worry about it.
  2. If topless and/or odorless, remove all valuables
  3. Do not lock the center armrest thing or the glovebox
  4. This will sound weird, but when you hop out, lock the “doors”. If you don’t have doors on, well, they won’t lock, but the tailgate will and with that locked, the little carpet cover door thing in the back can’t come up either (pretty sure anyway). I wouldn’t keep anything valuable in there but if you absolutely must and don’t use it to store your recovery gear ;)
I don’t live in a bad area, but I live in a busy, well populated area and thus, there’s crime. Places near by are a little more tame but last summer I just said F-it and let it go.. back full of groceries? F-it... if someone steals some junk food or beer from my back, they probably need it more than I. The key, nothing in there of value!

I’ve also now got some recovery gear and an antenna mounted to the outside.. you know what, if some bimbo jacks it, whatever... it’s a Jeep. I’ll just buy new and move on.

I think that’s where JIMBOX or whatever his name is gets the “whatever” part of his signature. Guess it’s a Jeep thing, not really caring :beer:
Sponsored