Sponsored

Jeep Dog pics

Sgt Krypto

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 SWorks Tarmac, '19 JLR 6mt V6 Silver, '19 GW3/F350 Silver, '01 996 Turbo Silver, '14 991 Turbo-S White (my daily beater), '19 991 Turbo-S Black
Occupation
Village Idiot, Abu Ghraib Prison Electrician
This is my girl.
Looking for recommendations on cargo area protectors for dog hair?
She sheds like a machine. Trying to not get the entire car covered in her hair haha.
Would appreciate any suggestions of what has worked for others.

IMG_0298.jpeg
Good luck with that. Automotive carpet is designed to attract and retain dog (or any) hairs. I think to get you busted by your [mostly] significant other or to be used by law enforcement forensic teams. Seems that way anyhow. :) Some day maybe we'll be able to submit sample dog hairs to get custom colored carpeting and interiors or the auto makers will engineer carpeting that sheds like our dogs.

Until then: I use a queen size cotton heavy blanket spread across the cargo area on top of a Quadratec cargo liner (p/n 14255.0550 for my 2dr). I can easily remove the blanket and toss it in the laundry every so often. It catches 85% of the dog hairs. It also catches water, mud and dirt. When I am laundering the blanket I open all the Jeep doors/windows and do the interior with a leaf blower. Then a final touch with a vacuum cleaner. A can of static-guard and lint rollers can also help.
Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Good luck with that. Automotive carpet is designed to attract and retain dog (or any) hairs. I think to get you busted by your [mostly] significant other or to be used by law enforcement forensic teams. Seems that way anyhow. :) Some day maybe we'll be able to submit sample dog hairs to get custom colored carpeting and interiors or the auto makers will engineer carpeting that sheds like our dogs.

Until then: I use a queen size cotton heavy blanket spread across the cargo area on top of a Quadratec cargo liner (p/n 14255.0550 for my 2dr). I can easily remove the blanket and toss it in the laundry every so often. It catches 85% of the dog hairs. It also catches water, mud and dirt. When I am laundering the blanket I open all the Jeep doors/windows and do the interior with a leaf blower. Then a final touch with a vacuum cleaner. A can of static-guard and lint rollers can also help.
Thanks for the advice sir, and the comedic post. Definitely made me laugh.
Love your two-door Rubicon, looks so good.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love this thread!

100_4080.JPG

Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hitch step for the rear? I saw one but it folded under the bumper and had a rubber top. I think that would be too close to the exhaust. I need one that can handle a 3" lift and 37".

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great shot there^^^^