2018 JLU windshield just cracked after defroster turned on

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks for sharing!! But when I took it to the dealer, he said it’s a small chip something hit it, I said it’s still under warranty he said the warranty doesn’t cover it, Please keep us posted when you take it to the dealer!
I noticed there’s only 3 pages here and on another there’s 25 pages with problems with cracked windshields
Sponsored

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Went to dealer. Dealer said there is a small chip in the black area below the windshield. To me it looks like it could have occurred after the crack.
They sent pictures to FCA but we know what they will say.

FYI. Parts counter said Gorilla Glass is not out yet if it comes. WARRANTY on it is very concerning.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Good news for me! Stopped down to my dealer on Friday, they took pictures and submitted them to FCA. Got a call today that they'll be replacing my windshield under warranty. They're ordering the glass, and will call me to set it up when they get the part.

I really hope this means it's getting easier for everyone else, too. The Service manager said usually 3-5 business days, but I think the turnaround on mine was technically 1.

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good news for me! Stopped down to my dealer on Friday, they took pictures and submitted them to FCA. Got a call today that they'll be replacing my windshield under warranty. They're ordering the glass, and will call me to set it up when they get the part.

I really hope this means it's getting easier for everyone else, too. The Service manager said usually 3-5 business days, but I think the turnaround on mine was technically 1.
I did the same. Took photos and they said no.
Sponsored