Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note ... there needs to be a club and a sticky thread for owners of a JL with the power top. Would definitely help.

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Put in my order today for a 2019 Rubicon, Black, fully loaded with all options and the Sky One-touch power top. Really really excited. :clap::clap::clap:
How much in total?
Did you get some discount?

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Isnā€™t it possible at all to install the Sky Top post-sales respectively aftermarket??

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Isnā€™t it possible at all to install the Sky Top post-sales respectively aftermarket??
Technically yes, but I've read where it is labor intensive. I think this is due to getting the tracks perfectly lined up so it doesn't jam...plus the addition of the overhead switch. Having said that, I've also not read where anyone has actually added one, yet, so not even sure if it can be ordered.

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
How much in total?
Did you get some discount?
8% off Invoice from Criswell Auto of MD. Thereā€™s a thread on this in the ā€˜Ordering & Pricing discussionā€™ forum.

Used the latest spreadsheet tool to plan my build.

Getting it for 16.1% off $59885 MSRP for Net $51592

Tax, Title, License, Registration & Dealer processing fee is additional and varies by state and dealer.

Last edited:

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
And how much did you get yours for @jenzeee ?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Here is my 2 cents I have a soft top BMW I used a soft top wash purchase at autozone and I use a soft top sealant can be purchased at any BMW dealer kinda pricey so what I have done is purchased a convase water protection from Academy and sprayed my top. And yes I take it through drive through TOUCHLESS car wash and my BMW is 17 years old with the original top. The key is the wash with the soft top wash and let dry it has UV protection be gentle. Your top is new so no need for the water sealant yet. BUT THE WASH IS A MUST.
20141103_075646.jpeg

JoeyBoomBoom

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited one touch sky top
I have a 2018 Rubicon with the sky top and I love it I got about 5000 miles it is not cold inside and you do hear some planes overhead but the same as my old hardtop. I do a lot of highway driving and it is awesome I will tell you this I cannot find grab handles for it

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This has been discussed somewhat in many posts ... but seeking insights from actual owners who have the power top for a few months now.

How is the wind noise at speeds above 60 mph / 100 kph? Does the power top flutter / make too much wind noise .. whistling, etc ?
Anybody have any regrets getting the One-touch Skytop? Most notably, I have read things like its difficult to find even the basic after market accessories like grab handles if you have the power top.
How does the power top perform in the cold+snow? Does it preserve the heat? Some forum members have reported that the power top fabric transfers enough moisture (when not in use) to cause condensation buildup on the inside. Have you experienced this?

I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Rubi with the power top and your insights will be valuable in helping me decide.
I had an 09 Liberty with the version at the time if jeeps sky one roof. Thought it was great. When I saw that Jeep brought back the sky one roof I was thrilled. It was a game changer for me. I ran out and ordered one As far as maintenance on it I made sure that the rails stay clean and lubed. I also use a canvas conditioner on the cloth. I do normally hand wash it . I am afraid of the car washes.

Sponsored

Gray Hare

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUK, 2019 JLUR, 2004 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
I've only had mine for a very short time, but I love it. You will too.
Agreed. No regrets. It is the best of both worlds in nearly every regard

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Any suggestions on Convertible top fabric cleaner products here ? My JLUR is brand new and I believe it may not need the Protectant and Repellant yet. However, the top is exposed to dust, pollen, bug goo and bird poop on a daily basis and should maintain well with regular cleaning.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Convertible+Fabric+Top+Cleaning&i=automotive

I have no prior knowledge of cleaning convertible tops and was considering this product from 'The Chemical Guys' as they seem to be a reputed brand in the space of automotive cleaning products;

Chemical Guys HOL_996 Convertible Top Cleaner and Convertible Top Protectant Kit (16 oz) (2 Items)
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...+Cleaning&qid=1558640613&s=automotive&sr=1-10

Other similar products in consideration;

303 (30520) Convertible Fabric Top Cleaning and Care Kit
https://www.amazon.com/303-30520-Co...p+Cleaning&qid=1558640613&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Of course, 303 is a reputed brand. Don't know about the one below - Raggtopp.

Raggtopp Convertible Top Care Kit - Fabric Cleaner and Protectant Twin Pack
https://www.amazon.com/Raggtopp-Con...p+Cleaning&qid=1558640613&s=automotive&sr=1-5

Any thoughts?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Personally, I'd opt for Chemical Guys. I've used them in the past and their products are typically really good.

...or maybe its just all hype. Smells good, though. LOL.

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

For folks interested. Drove JL with sky top during pea sized hail today and no issues. Was glad it didnā€™t get worse as I donā€™t want damage, thought Iā€™d share with the group.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Holding strong here in Phoenix. :) will report back after the summer... :)
Sponsored