Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Close, but in Indiana the law doesn't allow for white in the back, but only in the front. It allows yellow and red in the rear, that's why I was thinking the outer and inner part of the tail light. Of course, other states are different. I'd imagine they vary widely.
I believe that's for in motion, not sure about parked though. I thought JL's don't have any amber lights in the rear, but this clip here shows more ways for the rear to blink simultaneously while still being different.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that's for in motion, not sure about parked though. I thought JL's don't have any amber lights in the rear, but this clip here shows more ways for the rear to blind simultaneously while still being different.
It didn't specify motion or stationary. I read the entire text of the law, so I guess it may mean both. It is vague in that regard.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Anyone that wants the unlock instructions for in-motion, just contact us via the tech support email or text number on my website, I’ll give it out - there’s a disclaimer there that you’re responsible for your own actions!
But many use it for parades and that’s completely understandable.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone that wants the unlock instructions for in-motion, just contact us via the tech support email or text number on my website, I’ll give it out - there’s a disclaimer there that you’re responsible for your own actions!
I'll PM you. I'd like to have it, but I won't use it unless later I come up with some good reason for it.

Sponsored

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL & an Audi TT
The key fob sequence to use the light shows is in the instruction manual.
Where do I find this in the owners manual? Looked in the key fob section and the lights section.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@shaneR

Light Shows:
The Tazer comes pre-configured with 6 light shows out of the box, plus 3 “make your own” light shows
that you can configure with the ZPU utility.

There are two ways to control the light shows on the Tazer:

Keyfob: The light show can be turned on by pressing unlock-unlock-lock-unlock from the keyfob. This
will start the first light show in the sequence (depending on which show it’s configured to start with).
Pressing unlock again will advance to the next enabled show. Pressing lock will turn off the light shows.

You may lock the vehicle while the shows are on by pressing the button on the door handle or using the
key.

Dash Menu: You can start the show by setting the dash to “Audio” mode, then press the left arrow and
tap cruise CANC button. “Lightshow?” will display on the dash. Hold left arrow and tap cruise on/off

See in "Live Menu Settings", section of the attached, Tazer JL User Guide:

Attachments

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just out of curiosity...after programed, how do you turn on the light show in motion? I am not asking how to program it, I will contact Tazer for that. I just want to know how to turn it on once programed

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@coachgrinnan

You can trigger Light Show In Motion, from the Tazer JL menu on the evic or with your Fob.

Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Great info in here...I had no idea you could activate the lightshow from the fob haha :clap:

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can someone explain the light show programming to me? I have the JL Lite

- In the preprogrammed light shows, I see boxes to include or not include in the light show. What sequence do this fire on?
- Regardless of the light show configuration, is only one light firing at a time? In other words ALL of the configurations are sequential and none are simultaneous?
- Does the light show work with the non-LED lights?

JL Dude

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara (White)
Just wondering if anyone knows the laws in nys about using light show as emergency lights. Tonight I was a Good Samaritan as I used my light show to warn people about slowing down because of a vehicle rollover. I was approached by a police officer that asked me about my lights and he thanked me for using them to slow people down but I’m worried that it is illegal to use these sequences of lights in nys. I live in a small town and I don’t want that police officer looking for my Jeep to give a ticket. Just curious. ( I was not in motion while using light show)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if anyone knows the laws in nys about using light show as emergency lights. Tonight I was a Good Samaritan as I used my light show to warn people about slowing down because of a vehicle rollover. I was approached by a police officer that asked me about my lights and he thanked me for using them to slow people down but I’m worried that it is illegal to use these sequences of lights in nys. I live in a small town and I don’t want that police officer looking for my Jeep to give a ticket. Just curious. ( I was not in motion while using light show)
I looked at Indiana law and basically both left and right side red lights flashing in tandem (can't have them flashing opposite of one another) is legal. They can flash fast, slow, or such as with the LEDs, the inner and outer tailights can flash opposite of each other as long as left and right are the same. The front amber lights can do the same. That's my interpretation and I am no lawyer, but it seems fairly clear.
Sponsored