Sponsored

Mopar Cold Air Intake - Would you cut a hole in your hood for it?!

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile

hotttdogggg

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
:clap:
I too am thinking about getting this... Drawing cooler air from the outside would be beneficial IMO. No you wonā€™t see crazy HP, or torque gains, but I think you would see some better throttle response. There is a reason cowl hoods, ram air intakes exist THEY DO WORK. This is NOT A SNORKEL, the snorkel runs up the A pillar, cold air intakes and snorkels are vastly different; they both draw air from the outside but a snorkel is up higher, thus the tubing is longer so you wonā€™t see any performance gains, whereas a CAI is shorter and brings cold air in via a shorter path... this is why there is so much bad information on forums people speak with no knowledge, or expertise... Why? If you donā€™t know why just why put false information out there???

P.S. Why do you have to call someone a fool for wanting a product for his Jeep? I love the Jeep community, but there are some serious aholes that share opinions that are unnecessary and unfounded...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Sure
I think from a technical point of view, CAI and snorkel would restrict airflow more than help it. If there is anywhere a bend in the path of airflow you create more pressure, plenty of bends in a snorkel as far as I can tell, and longer travel. Difference in temperature should be negligible, especially if you live in colder climates like me..

Still looks bad ass though..
Sure but the difference between drawing in 80 degree air vs 150 deg air like you get under the hood is the real diffference.

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
So much misinformation in this thread....something like the K&N cold air intake actually does provide upwards of 12 hp and 11 ft lbs of torque increase to the motor. There are dyno graphs to prove this.

I have not seen the Mopar JPP CAI for sale anywhere.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think from a technical point of view, CAI and snorkel would restrict airflow more than help it. If there is anywhere a bend in the path of airflow you create more pressure, plenty of bends in a snorkel as far as I can tell, and longer travel. Difference in temperature should be negligible, especially if you live in colder climates like me..

Still looks bad ass though..
A snorkel is the only true CAI as it draws air DIRECTLY from outside the hood. The bends have little affect if at all on the performance gains it provides. Its cleaner, cooler air going directly into the engine. Now, I am one person who sees the benefit in intakes provide the filter element is of high quality and proper steps are taken to prevent heat soak. Im not sure how I feel about this Mopar one. If Im cutting a hole in the hood, Id probably just do a snorkel and be done with it. However, I have no plans of fording that much water where a snorkel is justifiable, at least not yet.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I'm going to get this Hauk snorkel. It isn't super intrusive.
the hole you have to cut is in a plastic section up close to the window so no big deal.

RROR16.png

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
I dont think the mall has water that deep, your fine with the stocker...
Why are toxic comments like this all over this forum? This is a Jeep enthusiast forum...if you are going to spread crap like this all over go somewhere else.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
My Mopar snorkel arrives today. I put the stock intake back on and took the K&N I had off. Selling it locally. I'll be cutting the hood of my 2 week old jeep, pray for me lol
I did mine and it was no problem. Just take time and it will be OK