Sponsored

Could this be the Best (Windshield) Sunshade? A1

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
So, I looked at most options and with the Covercraft Product not being the Quality it used to be, and because I never really liked folding-section hard covers, I decided on this thing... 14 Bucks - Size XS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725QW5WB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For 14$, I didnt care if it worked or not, but was worth a try and as it turns out it does work... Fits like a champ and actually stays in place with or without your visors down (it tucks neatly behind the front edge of the visor). Takes very little effort while giving complete coverage

It actually stays a little flatter if you do drop your visors but it's not necessary.

And it's frikin tiny... Storage, Install and removal are all better than the rigid folding types and the fabric doesnt transfer or retain heat like solid materials...

Ah, and you can just throw the little shade condom away... but this collapses to (smaller than) the size of your open hand.

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I bought one, it fits perfectly!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I bought one, it fits perfectly!
x2, been using it for the last 12 months, works great and takes up barely any space when in its case.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you've ever thought about it, but you can get your front windshield tinted with 3M Ceramic (at 75% LTV) or Ceramic IR (70% LTV). Both of these are virtually clear, so Law Enforcement has no clue they'e tinted. Yet the tint cuts down the UV rays and heat drastically coming through the front windshield. Then you never have to put up/take down a sun shade again.

Paid $380 to get my JLUR fully tinted with the Ceramic IR, can definitely tell a difference in the summer.

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you've ever thought about it, but you can get your front windshield tinted with 3M Ceramic (at 75% LTV) or Ceramic IR (70% LTV). Both of these are virtually clear, so Law Enforcement has no clue they'e tinted. Yet the tint cuts down the UV rays and heat drastically coming through the front windshield. Then you never have to put up/take down a sun shade again.

Paid $380 to get my JLUR fully tinted with the Ceramic IR, can definitely tell a difference in the summer.
Can't imagine doing that with all the windshield we go through. Nice concept. I'd pay it upfront if the windshield companies would do it.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can't imagine doing that with all the windshield we go through. Nice concept. I'd pay it upfront if the windshield companies would do it.
My 18 JLUR's windshield is still stock, no problems.......great....I just jinxed myself!

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 JLUR's windshield is still stock, no problems.......great....I just jinxed myself!
I PROMISE you didn't jinx yourself. It's going to happen. Not if, but when. So just enjoy it while you can.
Sponsored