Sponsored

What are these buttons?

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I know, it was killing me! Looks like they moved the assist and SOS button from the rear-view column to the console... RTFM - Page 399.
Assist-Buttons.PNG
But that photo has assist and sos buttons in the old place too
Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I got the 7 inch data screen, and the $1200 Alpine Stereo, instead of the Infotainment Group.

It gets worse if you have ever had a dysfunctional family member in your car, one press 911 is not helpful, it is a disaster in waiting.

Also, Bacon Button... best option evar...!
The bacon button was not available for my 2018 JLUR, but maybe in 2020?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I noticed something while watching a Gladiator video today... If you have the Advanced Safety Package with adaptive cruise, the rear-view mirror stock goes away and the Assist and SOS buttons we see on the 2018 models are no longer there. Makes sense that they would move them to where we see in these photos.

Rear-view-mirror-buttons.jpg

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Those are the passenger rocket ejectors. Press that and whoever is in the passenger seat is immediately launched 30 feet through the top. DON"T DO IT WITH YOUR WIFE IN THE VEHICLE!!!

I did and I've been sleeping on the couch for a month

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Those are the passenger rocket ejectors. Press that and whoever is in the passenger seat is immediately launched 30 feet through the top. DON"T DO IT WITH YOUR WIFE IN THE VEHICLE!!!

I was considering a new thread but in all seriousness, has anyone pushed the assist and or SOS button and what happened? Jeep service somewhere asking if everything is OK, 911 outbound call?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I was considering a new thread but in all seriousness, has anyone pushed the assist and or SOS button and what happened? Jeep service somewhere asking if everything is OK, 911 outbound call?
I pushed it once :rock: It as basically a 911 call, went to local police/fire dispatch. May vary depending on where you are.
99D62B0E-D687-4C1C-9E03-12AF91365FCF.jpeg

Edit: now that i think about it, that was in a different car. Haven't pushed the one in my JL.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

When I gave some friends a ride in mine for the 1st time, they were in awe of the Jeepy goodness inside, switches, buttons, etc... and when they asked how to adjust the seat back, I told them it's the pull strap on the side. The response was:

Friend: "Isn't this the eject pull cord? Will I be launched out of the roof?"
Me: "You got me, it is. Don't touch it"
Friend: "but if it ejects me, I'll destroy the roof"
Me: "No you won't" as I removed the passenger side roof panel.
Friend:"....:surprised:...."

Jeeps are such good fun :CWL:
:jk:

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I have used the Assist button when I was frustrated with my uconnect app wasn't finding my Jeep any more. It gives you a text display that says it will call in 15 or 30 seconds and it counts down and then connected me to Jeep support. They talked me through resetting my head unit, which did no good, but the person seemed knowledgeable.

I was able to get the issue resolved later. It ended up I had 2 separate uconnect mopar accounts.
Sponsored