Strangly missing features

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
My Jeep has no power door locks, no power windows, no power mirrors, no auto transmission, no auto climate control, and no auto headlights. It is perfect and I love it! The push button start is the most luxurious feature it has. If anything is "power" or "auto" I don't want it.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My Jeep has no power door locks, no power windows, no power mirrors, no auto transmission, no auto climate control, and no auto headlights. It is perfect and I love it! The push button start is the most luxurious feature it has. If anything is "power" or "auto" I don't want it.
There's a lot going for less.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Hey, my current truck is like this, it has power steering & power brakes & that's about it, I dont even have a stereo or working A/C. I'm actually buying a new Wrangler (JLUR), so I can have some new technologies & comforts, especially an automatic tranny. But, I'm getting old & my knees creak & crackle when using a clutch. It's a pain getting old, literally.

But, I guess it's just a matter of perspective when looking at a new JL, as to what you consider in technological options or standard features. I personally can't wait to have the features the JLUR has, I think it is a lot.

Oh well, as my kids & grandkids say, "you're just technologically challenged".
:like:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else wonder why some obvious features were not included in the JL? Especially things that are really only software settings.

For example: Why are the windows only auto down? How much more could it have possible cost to make them auto up? I had a 1994 Honda Accord that could do it.
Why can't you open and close all the windows my holding down the lock/unlock button on the FOB? My old 2007 VW could do that.
Would be handy, especially in conjunction with the power sliding top.
Why no power port on the top of the dash? Jeep knows most users will mount stuff up there. I know you don't have the VW Amarok in the states, but it has a high amp port up there. Perfect for mounting your tablet or phone.
Anyone else got any?
Overall I love the JL. Just think that at the price point, it would have been nice to have a few extras.
It would be nice if it went to the grocery for you too, but it doesn't. Just kidding. I think its just right for me at this stage in my life. I have a 2018 JL Sahara. Has everything I wanted and more. Just yesterday I drove with the Freedom Panels off for the first time. What a great ride! I look forward to getting into my Jeep every day. No complaints here.

Cheeky Quim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I second the front camera.

And, I wish the cruise control speed adjusted in 5 mph increments.

A checklist app in the off road app. for example, Pre trip air down, post trip air up, turn off GoPro, etc.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I second the front camera.

And, I wish the cruise control speed adjusted in 5 mph increments.

A checklist app in the off road app. for example, Pre trip air down, post trip air up, turn off GoPro, etc.
If you hold the button for about 2 or 3 seconds it does adjust up or down in 5 mph increments.

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve got an Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, a Ford F150, an Infiniti G37, and a Lexus GS350 parked outside my home. Only 1 requires use of a tool to change the air filter. The others have intake boxes that you simply open put unclupping a few clips. Why Jeep? I was amazed by this when I first popped the hood. I can’t remember if I’ve ever owned a vehicle that didn’t just use clips to secure the filter housing closed. Is there a practical reason for this that I’m missing?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
You know what else is strange? How the pathetic sliding "soft" top is more expensive than THIS

When Jeep first announced that it will finally have a powered soft top, myself and many other freedom lovers were ECSTATIC until we found out that it's just a piece of shit sliding top that doesn't even go all the way back.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That apply to your Charger?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
You know what else is strange? How the pathetic sliding "soft" top is more expensive than THIS

When Jeep first announced that it will finally have a powered soft top, myself and many other freedom lovers were ECSTATIC until we found out that it's just a piece of sh#t sliding top that doesn't even go all the way back.
The Mytop appears to be a thing of beauty; no disagreement on that. It does lack rain gutters the Power top has, so if you want to attach a roof rack you've got someplace to grip on the FCA solution . Not that any rack for serious hauling is (solely) rain gutter based.

I think this the "Mytop of roof racks." https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-sliding-roof-rack.14805/

When it's released I want to see if I can configure linear actuators to automatically slide the rack to the side and back.

If successful, imagine having a rack and soft top that open and close without ever having to leave the rig!

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That apply to your Charger?
Nope. The Charger is fully loaded. Different vehicles for different purposes and experiences.

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else wonder why some obvious features were not included in the JL? Especially things that are really only software settings.

For example: Why are the windows only auto down? How much more could it have possible cost to make them auto up? I had a 1994 Honda Accord that could do it.
Why can't you open and close all the windows my holding down the lock/unlock button on the FOB? My old 2007 VW could do that.
Would be handy, especially in conjunction with the power sliding top.
Why no power port on the top of the dash? Jeep knows most users will mount stuff up there. I know you don't have the VW Amarok in the states, but it has a high amp port up there. Perfect for mounting your tablet or phone.
Anyone else got any?
Overall I love the JL. Just think that at the price point, it would have been nice to have a few extras.
I agree massively on the windows auto up. This should be a software update. @JeepCares

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I wish the key fobs had some ridges on the buttons to help find the lock/unlock button in your pocket without having to look at the buttons. You know, the little Braille-like nubs so you know your thumb in on the unlock instead of the panic button.

I’m sick of looking at the fob every time.
How about make your own ridge with a small blob of Sugru (either black, or color matched to your JL)?