Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is for shorter owners? How to lower seats?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm 6'3" tall and I've adjusted the horizontal position of the seat---the angle/ height of the seat---the angle of the seat BACK--and the vertical/horizontal position of the steering wheel-

I drive it with full VISION of EVERYTHING REQUIRED--

If you're 6'3" or LESS !!!!!!

There's no reason for any after MKT additions---use your BRAIN and ADJUST--

W.E.

JIMBO

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara - Built for shorter ppl

Anyone feel that the new JL model was built for the shorter person?!?! I'm 5'11 and I can't see the reading on the top of the dash. i.e. miles remaining Additionally, if you try to use the visor to block the sun, it's actually blocks your viewing and you won't be able to see while driving.

Anyone know if there's a after part where the seats can be lowered???

Thanks!
I understand what you are saying, I'm 6'3" and have the same problem. I have adjusted the seat to its lowest point, and still it isn't low enough. I am reluctant to move the seat all the way back (this will help with the view) due to the cramped back seat if the driver seat is all the way back. On another thread somewhere, we have discussed this point into exhaustion. Not sure what an "after market" part would do, you almost need to get new seats that sit lower if that's what you want to do, but do they make them?? Not so sure.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The only realistic mod that can be done to permanently lower the seat is to remove the seat covers, cut a few inches off of the foam seat material, modify the seat covers, and reinstall them.

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
Just a follow up. I've got the handle at the lowest position and just don't want to be titled back where I'm laying in the backseat.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
My Sport raises and lowers the seat just fine with this handle. In my case, the steering wheel blocks the top of the speedometer. I chalked it up to another jeep quirk. I'm 5'10. I like the seat set high and the wheel low.
The steering wheel is telescopic try pulling it out towards you and see if that helps .

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara - Built for shorter ppl

Anyone feel that the new JL model was built for the shorter person?!?! I'm 5'11 and I can't see the reading on the top of the dash. i.e. miles remaining Additionally, if you try to use the visor to block the sun, it's actually blocks your viewing and you won't be able to see while driving.

Anyone know if there's a after part where the seats can be lowered???

Thanks!
You're kidding about being too tall aren't you.....? I mean really, at 5' 11" you think you have a problem?

This crap just keeps getting more and more bizarre.......

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I find the seat too high for my taste. I'd like to lower it just an inch - maybe two. I'm 6' and yeah, I shouldn't have a problem but with the seat in its lowest setting and everything adjusted to my tastes, the top of the cluster (which I have set to show the time) is cut in half. If I could drop it like an inch more, I would

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
Geez, you post this in hopes that a company would create an after-market part, not to hear back from a-holes because they have nothing better to do then troll.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just wish there was tilt adjustment to the lower cushion. It's mounted too flat. Anybody try the riser kits from ebay?

Sponsored

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Geez, you post this in hopes that a company would create an after-market part, not to hear back from a-holes because they have nothing better to do then troll.
This "a hole" is 6'8", so I have zero sympathy for someone complaining about being too tall at 5'10. Quit complaining and enjoy the Jeep.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I keep seeing people say they can't see the top of the dash.

I am 6'2, and just to see when I couldn't see the dash, I pulled my seat forward, and was to the point I could not possibly drive before it cut off the top of the dash info.

Maybe some dash's are positioned slightly different? or the seat rails?

I will say, the seat bottom not being able to be tilted, is a comfort issue for me.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
My son is 5'10" , and complains about being too short. I've never heard anyone under 6'0" refer to themselves as too tall. Wishful thinking , i believe. Now I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5 '10" , we are both fine with our heights.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I'm 5'10 and can't see in the infrared spectrum, nor can I use x-ray vision to see through walls and clothing. I'm also not a Jedi and not a Super Saiyajin.

Forum, please help me become a super hero.

**NOTE**: This is a troll post, just like the OP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sponsored