First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
What is backspace on your wheels? I’m getting all eight rk arms on Tuesday, my backspace is 4.5” hopefully I’m not gonna rub.
I'm not sure, they are the Mopar 17" Beadlock wheels, I'll have to check and get back with you.
I read in another post that I can adjust the stops so the tires don't make contact with the arms. I will probably try this first.
The jeep turns plenty sharp so I don't think adjusting the stops will be too detrimental.
Alan

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
both back wheels gouged, scraps on my sliders and a dent in the rear right fender fairing from a side by side that slide into me.
The only one that would bother me would be the side x side that slid into the fender. Either way it’s a badge from the trail which is better than getting signed up by a grocery cart!

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure, they are the Mopar 17" Beadlock wheels, I'll have to check and get back with you.
I read in another post that I can adjust the stops so the tires don't make contact with the arms. I will probably try this first.
The jeep turns plenty sharp so I don't think adjusting the stops will be too detrimental.
Alan
I just checked (on-line) and it looks like they are 4.4" or 12mm backspacing.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor.
I did my first test drive today, everything seems good, although the front wheels rub lower front control arm at full turn. :no:
This is a bit disappointing as I live on a dirt road and wasn't wanting to put wheel spacers on...
I have the same lift with 1 3/4 spacers with 37’s 12.5 and stick wheels, the rub a little but it much.

Trust me it’s worth it, the RK stuff is much bigger diameter.

Ghuzz

The only one that would bother me would be the side x side that slid into the fender. Either way it’s a badge from the trail which is better than getting signed up by a grocery cart!
Very true! All of it was minor and a learning experience too!

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
Hit the beach today for a little pretend fishing on the Delaware shore. My sons thought it would be fun to try dipping their toes in the 41F water and stopped once their feet were numb (about two minutes):

w3to2Z4.jpg

SCGt4Q2.jpg

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have the same lift with 1 3/4 spacers with 37’s 12.5 and stick wheels, the rub a little but it much.

Trust me it’s worth it, the RK stuff is much bigger diameter.
Yeah, after driving it a little (still only has 71 miles on it :blush:) I don't think the rubbing is severe enough to worry about.
as mentioned before i can possibly adjust the stops (assuming this front axle has them) to keep from rubbing.
Hopefully Expedition One gets my (missing) parts here tomorrow so I can finish this build.
BTW
We put the Besttop Sunrider on yesterday, it was very easy to install, fits great with no leaks after running thru the car wash. I think we are really going to like that top a lot...

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On vacation in the northwest and checked out some forest trails.
20190325_123320.jpg
20190325_130831.jpg

Second picture I startled an elk that jumped out in front of me and ran down the road. She was out of sight quick, before I could get my camera up.
Sponsored