Sponsored

Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Besides the obvious logical reason based on my Jeeps overall awesomeness and fastidious commitment to excellence, I also am not sure why we see this difference in percentages.
Oh, clearly. But it doesn't have the intestinal fortitude mine has to stand tall despite being 1% less. ;)
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yup! Now, why is mine 61% us/can, RP's is 62% us/can and Anndee's 60% us/can? Anndee's engine I get.
Mine is 61% US/CAN, 21% MEX and Italian engine.

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yup! Now, why is mine 61% us/can, RP's is 62% us/can and Anndee's 60% us/can? Anndee's engine I get.
Not enough information, as only partial window stickers were posted. The small % differences likely has to do with the optional equipment.

Sponsored

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Yeah - we all have a FCA product. I'm 59 and remember well how most folks I grew up considered Dodge/Plymouth to be the third tier manufacturer and then the fight was on concerning who was best - Ford or Chevy! But, that was the 60's and 70's, then Toyota and Honda started making cars that you could buy and NOT have to go back to the dealer a week later and get the list of stuff fixed that the factory screwed up. If anybody thinks the golden age of muscle cars was great, they either didn't live through it or don't appreciate how much better cars are built now. OK, I will give them points for style, but that's it. What's the cool new thing now at the overpriced auctions? Resto-mods: old cars/trucks with new engines, trans, suspensions, brakes etc. And what's the car mag writers/ consumer distorts and others complaining about? Infotainment systems! My apple this or android that is slow, my touch screen is wacky. Uh huh, So maybe cars have exceeded the computers we all cling too now, but the running part usually works pretty good. I do miss the old days being able to work on a car in the drive way, rebuild a carb sitting on the toilet (don't judge) but all that goes away when I can go out, step on the brake, push a button and it starts without fiddling with the choke or letting it warm up for 5 minutes. What I'm trying to say in a light hearted way is that Jeeps and stuff are better than ever, sure there are some issues with a few but overall they are good.

I bought a Jeep for my youngest daughter. She fell in love with one back when I was detailing cars on the side for extra money. It was a TJ, 2 door, black and cleaned up nicely. Now, my oldest has taken every cent I could scrape up going to college and getting a house. I don't regret that, she's worked hard and has made me proud of her grades and success. Now, her little sister has NEVER asked me for a dime. So, when the green Jeep appeared at the dealership - the wife gave me the "you need to remember you have 2 girls" so WTH - I took her down there, she drove a couple and I bought one. It's 2018, Sport S, ton of options, soft top, and yes 3.6 with automatic. At the time, it was the closest thing to perfect in her wish list that was available anywhere. I get to drive it on Saturday when it needs gas. That's what dad's are for!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is 61% US/CAN, 21% MEX and Italian engine.
Criminy... just looked at my sticker and I'm only 60% US/CAN, 22% MEX, with Italian engine. :surprised:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
After installing 37s on my Rubicon, I have 0 regrets. Still has decent pickup & mileage hasn’t dropped much so far. The extra torque & rubicon gearing really help retain the stock driveability imo. I’d rather the higher torque than hp since I’m not going to be redlining this thing. Engine longevity? We’ll see though...I think that’s the biggest question we all have.
Personally I am leaving my JLR stock. But for anyone considering either engine, larger tires would be reason enough to consider the 2.0. Your experience after installing larger tires is a huge reason to consider a 2.0. Anyone considering upgrading to larger tires would definitely appreciate the extra torque the Mini Mouse motor makes.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Besides the obvious logical reason based on my Jeeps overall awesomeness and fastidious commitment to excellence, I also am not sure why we see this difference in percentages.
I'm guessing it's because some of the parts/components are supplied by different vendors to keep up with production. Having only one supplier for certain parts can cause major production and repair delays. This has already seemed to happen with certain Wrangler JL models.

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm guessing it's because some of the parts/components are supplied by different vendors to keep up with production. Having only one supplier for certain parts can cause major production and repair delays. This has already seemed to happen with certain Wrangler JL models.
I agree it’s certainly a supply chain issue. Still would be neat to learn which it was that caused this 2% slide around the 60 mark.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought our 2nd 2.0l. Heres the wifes Rubicon.
20190328_131626.jpg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bought our 2nd 2.0l. Heres the wifes Rubicon.
20190328_131626.jpg
WOW that looks cool! You guys should receive a gift from FCA for having two 2.0Ls in your family. There are just too many 2.0L doubters and haters out there.

ArchAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The 2.0 does not boost the CI enough. 4 vs 6.

“The Cylinder Index (CI) is a measurement device in which the total number of internal combustion engine cylinders (working or non-working) owned by an individual (single-cylinder chainsaws, lawnmowers, 2-cycle, 4-cycle, multi-cylinder diesels, trucks and farm tractors) are tallied. The Garage Logician who attains a C.I. in excess of his age is revered.”
Sponsored