Drill vs No Drill Drag link end?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I've been thinking of doing a top mount drag link and I've noticed the Yeti one seems very popular. For the convenience factor alone I would easily pay the few more bucks just to not have to drill anything. What I was wondering is about the durability of that no drill end. Obviously the stud on the no drill end must be a smaller diameter to fit through the steering knuckle the way it does and I was wondering if anyone has ever busted that off or had any issues of any kind with that setup. Basically what's the pros and cons to each way of doing a top mount. Looking for opinions from some seasoned offroaders who might have hands on experience with both drill and no drill setups in the past.
Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Ran their top mount for the last 3 years with no issues, only bent a tie rod end lol

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I’ve drilled a lot of knuckles, I would pick no drill.
If a no drill sleeve wears out the. You can replace the sleeve. If a drilled or reverse tapered then a repair comes down to welding or replacing the knuckle.
Fwiw, I have only seen drilled knuckles fail if they weren’t properly drilled in the first place, but how many ppl feel comfortable drilling a 7/8” or so hole really straight through an aluminum knuckle that’ll dig quick, without a jig.
My thoughts.
Sponsored