JL Rubicon vs JK Rubicon

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I'm not actually sure the windows are bigger. TFL on Youtube measured them side by side and found no difference. Somehow there is an illusion, and if they are bigger in some dimension, it is barely. I'll go out and measure mine today. Remember, I drive the JK and JL back to back all the time. I'm not feeling that the windows are bigger. Anyway, the measuring tape will tell.
The only thing I wondered when watching the TFL video is whether or not the front door/window dimensions are the same on a 2 door vs. a 4 door. I don’t know if there’s a difference, but they compared a 2 door JK to a 4 door JL.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I wondered when watching the TFL video is whether or not the front door/window dimensions are the same on a 2 door vs. a 4 door. I don’t know if there’s a difference, but they compared a 2 door JK to a 4 door JL.
The doors on the 2 and 4 door JK are interchangeable, so they are the same. Most cars, however, are not, so I can see how that would be a concern.

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I'm not actually sure the windows are bigger. TFL on Youtube measured them side by side and found no difference. Somehow there is an illusion, and if they are bigger in some dimension, it is barely. I'll go out and measure mine today. Remember, I drive the JK and JL back to back all the time. I'm not feeling that the windows are bigger. Anyway, the measuring tape will tell.
Interesting, it's very possible that it's an illusion. I just found it interesting that someone posted the same thought I had.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would love to take him out and say THANKS!!!

I took this the other day...my JL and a brand new JKU Recon

IMAG0904.jpg
Wow assuming this wasn’t photoshopped or some kind of weird camera illusion, the JL on the right almost makes the JK on the left look Jeep Patriot sized :cwl:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Wow assuming this wasn’t photoshopped or some kind of weird camera illusion, the JL on the right almost makes the JK on the left look Jeep Patriot sized :cwl:
Not photoshopped, but the illusion may be because it was taken at a slight angle.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Great pics, the JL is so far improved.

Great comparison. Really shows off the improved design.

But get rid of the pink license plate bracket. :):)
It's a Denver thing haha! Damn autonation puts them on everything.

Avi.jpg

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The JL looks like they took the JK and finished designing it.

I had a 2006 TJ when the JK was released. I hated it then and to this day never got over my dislike of the JK. I’ve always said that they took a Wrangler and made it more like an H3 (added doors, raised the beltline). Another design choice of the JK that bothered me were the huge all-plastic bumpers and the large flat, unbroken body panels. That’s why I say the JL looks like they finished designing the JK- they sculpted it, broke up the flatness, and made the windows less H3-like. And that’s why I was finally able to move on from old jeeps!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Red JL Rubicon was delivered last week and I love it! Today, a Red JK Rubicon was parked next to mine and I snapped a few pictures to highlight the subtle, yet important differences. The JL definitely sits a little taller and the front has a beefier, boxier look.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon vs JK Rubicon Avi

Looking to pull the trigger on 2021 Rubicon or Recon. Can't keep the little lady out of my Jeep. Question is over time how are the Black Fenders and Black Hardtop's fairing under the Blazing Sun/UV ??? I see the Matching Color fenders/Hardtop cost more but I just don't know about the Black plastic. I see lots of Rubicons with the Black Hardtops and some with black fenders too.
Sponsored