Wrangler rear seat recline solution [ JK - ATM ] - not a spacer kit

JohnM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I was frustrated by the inability to recline the rear seat of my 2018 Jeep Sahara. Perhaps I am missing something like a well hidden catch/lease lever. But the issue appears to be an ongoing lament of Jeep owners. Searching the net yielded spacer kits galore that can be applied to the legs of the rear seats. But that is a static option which at best gives a 2 inch recline at the apex of the seat.

Searching hard, search engines are littered with 'spacer kits' but my Google-Fu is VERY strong, I did find what I was looking for:

5a55a89361cfb.jpg

Needing to confirm the part's function, I did track down an associated video which can be found here:

That led to finding the contact information for the company - alas China. But also luckily for me someone who is bilingual or at least can work a translation app.

Putting it all together, the company website is:

http://www.green4x4.cn/

And the person I conversed with in Hangzhou, China was:
Angie Q.
Email : [email protected]

For reference: the product page is:
http://www.green4x4.cn/index.php/product/index/g/e/id/96.html

End note for this post:
Angie confirmed my fears which are hopefully temporary. Their product works with JK's but has not been confirmed to work with the JL's. According to her as of 10/30/2018, a customer right now trying it on their JL but has not gotten back. She replied she would keep me posted.

I would think with JK's and JL's sharing so much, there will be no problem. In short, I have climbed one side of the hill and can see the crest. With the company being in China, I foresee a few bumps/rocks descending the other side. But hopefully I have broken the trail for some Jeep folks,

JohnM.
Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
I spend so little time in my back seat it's just not a priority.
Wondered what kind of crash testing the Chinese require.
Having a passenger launched at me in an emergency situation is undesirable as well.

Sponsored

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
I was frustrated by the inability to recline the rear seat of my 2018 Jeep Sahara. Perhaps I am missing something like a well hidden catch/lease lever. But the issue appears to be an ongoing lament of Jeep owners. Searching the net yielded spacer kits galore that can be applied to the legs of the rear seats. But that is a static option which at best gives a 2 inch recline at the apex of the seat.

Searching hard, search engines are littered with 'spacer kits' but my Google-Fu is VERY strong, I did find what I was looking for:

5a55a89361cfb.jpg

Needing to confirm the part's function, I did track down an associated video which can be found here:

That led to finding the contact information for the company - alas China. But also luckily for me someone who is bilingual or at least can work a translation app.

Angie Q.

End note for this post:
Angie confirmed my fears which are hopefully temporary. Their product works with JK's but has not been confirmed to work with the JL's. According to her as of 10/30/2018, a customer right now trying it on their JL but has not gotten back. She replied she would keep me posted.

I would think with JK's and JL's sharing so much, there will be no problem. In short, I have climbed one side of the hill and can see the crest. With the company being in China, I foresee a few bumps/rocks descending the other side. But hopefully I have broken the trail for some Jeep folks,

JohnM.

I'm interested in something like this as reclining back seats facilitate kids napping over longer distances. I'd be interested in crash results but doubtful that's been/will be done. I'll follow this thread. very cool, thank you for the info!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Interested...I added the spacer kit which provided 2" of recline. However, it raises the lower sear height up an inch which I dont like and reduces headroom if you ever have tall passengers. The spacer kit also reduces the angle that the chair backs can lay flat by an inch or 2. That could be annoying if you ever wanted to sleep in your jeep.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

5a55a89361cfb.jpg

Angie Q.

End note for this post:

JohnM.
Unless it comes with a little Asian woman who sits in the back to recline the seats for me, I am gonna pass at that price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183605601462

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
I guess one concern I have, besides the price, is that it looks as if there are some metal bracket parts that stick out behind the seats. this may not be a big deal if you have the leather seats and the flap that covers the trough but if you have cloth seats, these brackets may be quite annoying. won't know for sure unless someone buys and posts pics. anyone up for that?? I want to make the back fun/comfortable to be in for the girls (8 and 10 years old) but not at that price! they can do without recline, lol.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I guess one concern I have, besides the price, is that it looks as if there are some metal bracket parts that stick out behind the seats. this may not be a big deal if you have the leather seats and the flap that covers the trough but if you have cloth seats, these brackets may be quite annoying. won't know for sure unless someone buys and posts pics. anyone up for that?? I want to make the back fun/comfortable to be in for the girls (8 and 10 years old) but not at that price! they can do without recline, lol.
$677 is steep....I have the spacer recline kit and wish there was a way to lean the rear headrests back an inch or 2. The top of 2 brands of car seats hit them and don't allow the middle and lower back of the car seat to be flush with the seat back(2" gap) forcing the butt portion of the carseat to push out.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Does anyone have the dimensions of the blocks for this spacer kit? I would like to customize a little bit. Thanks !
Sponsored