Sponsored

LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The weather is starting to warm up so got some parts installed I had accumulating. I will also update this thread with some more pics soon.

Install wasn't bad but I did it all by myself so took probably twice as long as necessary. The packaging they used had some sort of spray in foam that definitely protected the bumper in shipment but was a pain to remove. Not complaining though as returning a damage shipment is 20x more difficult.

I didn't find any instructions. I used the PDF on Quadratec which appeared to be some sort of hybrid instructions for the full/mid/shorty width bumpers as well as they JL and JK versions mixed together.

Bumper: LOD Signature series shorty with bullbar and skid plate (not pictured just got delivered today)
A-pillar Quadratec 3" Cube LED (spot) wired to aux 4
American Trail Products A-Pillar Light Mount Bracket Pair
Bull bar lights Quadratec 3" Cube LED (flood) wired to aux 3 (not sure I like this setup and may replace it with a lightbar or move the location)
Warn VR 10-S
Sunrider for hardtop black twill (not pictured)
Tuffy Flip license plate holder
Winch cover: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSQ5LGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep11.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The skid plate was delivered so I'm hoping I can get that on and get some more pics tonight or tomorrow.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
How do you like the bumper now that you had it for over a year?
I am deciding between the LOD signature series shorty with skid and the Poison Spyder bruizer with skid.
LOD
+ can reuse the round LED fogs I have vs getting new square ones with the PS
+ I feel the stubby width more closely aligns with the grill
PS
+ I like the more integrated look of the skids (from the pictures)
+ the dual bull bar is bit more unique
- bumper seems to stick out bit more than the grill

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am deciding between the LOD signature series shorty with skid and the Poison Spyder bruizer with skid.
LOD
PS
Mine has been on for a year and a half, it’s holding up great, no fading, flaking, or rust. When it’s clean it looks brand new.......LOD is a great company, and great customer service. Poison Spyder is also a great company, I don’t think you can go wrong either way. I also have the rear shorty bumper and the rock sliders...... here’s pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed D8766A13-9004-4871-851C-3433CAA81E7D
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed 94ED728E-E146-4587-BB2F-CDF2A6E9BE69

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed 7FF20B76-0D75-47FC-BE52-E29238D23BD9

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
LOD
PS
Agree with Roky. I have their destroyer with stinger on front and their rear tire carrier. Even after a lot of mud, grime, no rust issues and looks brand new when I wash it. The rear bumper took a big hit on the right side coming down a rock, aside from small chip and the need to retighten some bolts, it held up great.

kgQVCyx.jpg

4H5GYox.jpg

bd4ZMpw.jpg

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been on for a year and a half, it’s holding up great, no fading, flaking, or rust. When it’s clean it looks brand new.......LOD is a great company, and great customer service. Poison Spyder is also a great company, I don’t think you can go wrong either way. I also have the rear shorty bumper and the rock sliders...... here’s pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed bd4ZMpw

Damn, that is one fine looking Jeep you've got there! The LOD rear shorty looks the best on a built up beast like Crystal. It's got a taller profile that tends to dwarf a stock Jeep. Just my opinion.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Those of you that put on the rear bumper/tire carrier. Do you have parking sensors? Are they working well with them and the rear view camera relocation also?
Also, any problems with the trailer 4/7pin harness as it seems to stick out low and if you come off a ledge and drop your bumper, it looks like it would get ripped off. Thx.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
No complaints with the bumper. Maybe a bit heavy but that weight is in the quality.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed IMG_1069

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those of you that put on the rear bumper/tire carrier. Do you have parking sensors? Are they working well with them and the rear view camera relocation also?
Also, any problems with the trailer 4/7pin harness as it seems to stick out low and if you come off a ledge and drop your bumper, it looks like it would get ripped off. Thx.
Haven't had issues with the trailer plug yet. My parking sensors don't work anymore. Constant beeping so I turned it off.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Haven't had issues with the trailer plug yet. My parking sensors don't work anymore. Constant beeping so I turned it off.
Was that because they are not working well with the rear bumper? I will be putting on 40s with a hard top so I find the sensors will be helpful in tight parking (vs my open air setup now and usually leaving my rear off because its super annoying).

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was that because they are not working well with the rear bumper? I will be putting on 40s with a hard top so I find the sensors will be helpful in tight parking (vs my open air setup now and usually leaving my rear off because its super annoying).
I would say, good luck. Yea mine doesn't work. Once I hit reverse it beeps continuously, even if there is no one behind my car. With so many others that report the same thing I didn't bother trying to fix it, be it repositioning my spare tire up, or repositioning my sensors. At first thought it would bug me, but honestly with the rear camera it didn't bother me at all. I suppose that if everyone's else was working then I would for sure try to fix it. But between others and LOD doing testing I didn't bother.

vmantx

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No complaints with the bumper. Maybe a bit heavy but that weight is in the quality.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Signature Shorty with bull bar installed IMG_1069
Do you know the depth of the bumper? How far does the bumper stick out in front of the Jeep?
Sponsored