Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
@RenoMD

We're talking it out for the first time off road this weekend. We'll be able to get a better feel for how well this suspension works. If it is anything like their JK kit, it'll be awesome.

Officially it's 12" for the short arms. It travels much more than that before you put the limit straps on.

To maximize the travel, this kit really needs the long arms. The axles will move through the travel without as much change in geometry.

We wanted to go short arm first so we could get a good feel for the kit as is and be able to discuss the pros and cons.

We used the Steer Smarts Rubicon Tie Rod Assembly with the No Drill Top Mount Draglink for the steering linkage. Then the Steer Smarts adjustable track bar and the Track Bar Relocation Bracket to get the axle centered back up.

We did not replace the driveshafts.

37's easily fit. We have 40's on the JL, we'll see how they do.
Sponsored

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
@Tech Tim what front upper arms are those? They look like maybe they’re double adjustable but everything on EVO’s website looks like it’s single adjustable. Can you adjust caster in vehicle with those?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
@Jimbo1226

Those are the EVO short arms and are adjustable at one end only.

You can adjust caster one full turn of the link end at a time.

We are also running the EVO geometry correction brackets too.

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
@Jimbo1226

Those are the EVO short arms and are adjustable at one end only.

You can adjust caster one full turn of the link end at a time.

We are also running the EVO geometry correction brackets too.
Are the geo brackets a suggestion by evo or are they something you guys chose to do?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
We already had them on with the 2.5" EVO Boost kit, so we left them in place to keep the geometry.

Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
@Tech Tim thx for the reply and part links. Will look forward to your feedback. My rubicon is arriving Sunday.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ah man no updates to how it went testing her out a few weekends ago?? How did she do? Are you ultimately going long arm??

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Ah man no updates to how it went testing her out a few weekends ago?? How did she do? Are you ultimately going long arm??
Red-JL.jpg

That suspension is pretty dang awesome! We had a blast on the snow run.

We did run into a few problems.... 40" Patagonias!!! :rock:

They were a last minute addition before the run and they definitely bumped and rubbed in a couple spots. We'll be working out adjustments over the next couple weeks getting the boss' red JL ready for EJS 2019 Moab, UT.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That suspension is pretty dang awesome! We had a blast on the snow run.

They were a last minute addition before the run and they definitely bumped and rubbed in a couple spots. We'll be working out adjustments over the next couple weeks getting the boss' red JL ready for EJS 2019 Moab, UT.

Holy momma look at how sexy that picture is!! Ha! I’m looking at 37s so should have plenty of room if your 40s are doable with just a little rubbing. So badass man! Do you feel like you would have preferred to go long arm? I always though long arm was for speed and short arm was more rock crawling. The nice thing about their kit is it looks like the welding is pretty damn minor. The interesting thing is in the video they used to advertise the long arm they were running the stock driveshaft but their site now says you need to replace it. I’ll bet they tore up that stock one pretty quickly. Lol So I’ll be looking into that as well.

I definitely won’t be done by EJS but dude if you’re close we will have to keep in touch and meet up at one of these events. Can’t freaking wait to finally transform her!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
@GeauxTigers1385,

It's pretty nice with the 37s, but 40"s are the new 37"s, so we gotta do it!

Our shafts are still good, but we not taking any chances and have a couple Adam's Driveshafts on their way to us for EJS/Moab prep.

It is still short arm and will stay short arm for a while, need to try out a few different set-ups on this JL before we start thinking about a long arm.

In general though long arm vs. short arm is really debatable and everybody has their likes. For me suspension is all about geometry and when you go big lift or huge travel, I like a long arm kit to keep the geometry decent.

Meet up? Sure, we always love meeting other wheelers! I'm in the Silverdale, WA location and do get out to a few events outside the area.

Keep at your build! Have you started a build thread yet?

Sponsored

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Tech Tim

Badass man. I havn't started a thread just yet bc I've been in that research stage for so long. Thinking we are finally at the end of that and once I get everything lined up will probably create! Plan to list out all my build items to get feedback on if I'm missing anything ;)

Also-hows the around town driving? She's not a daily driver but do still want to take her out with the family every now and again.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
We've sold Adam's shafts for years and have had real good luck with them.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Red-JL.jpg

It would be great if you can share all the places where they rubbed, as well as what you did to fix it.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
The 37s clear no problems.

The 40s rubbed mostly in the back wheel wells.

First thing we're doing is adjusting the coil-overs to give us more lift, then will go from there.

Will keep everyone posted.
Sponsored