Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jlu rubicon 2017 Jeep Wrangler jku. 2003 Jeep Wrangler Tj rubicon. 1995 Jeep Wrangler yj. 1982 jeep cj7
Occupation
Lineman
You’re welcome! @doug_outlawoffroad and your hardware gave me my Jeep back!
I just got my 3.5 inch adventure series lift for my jlu.i also have the yeti drag link flip if I run your 4.5 inch springs how quick would i need to replace driveshafts....it won't be a crazy off roading vehicle so.e light trails too get too camping spots is about it. That ks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I just got my 3.5 inch adventure series lift for my jlu.i also have the yeti drag link flip if I run your 4.5 inch springs how quick would i need to replace driveshafts....it won't be a crazy off roading vehicle so.e light trails too get too camping spots is about it. That ks
Well, that's a tough one to answer. What I can say is that your front driveshaft is only in motion when you are in 4 wheel drive, so on the street, you wouldn't notice the driveshaft angle at all. Off road, it will limit your travel for sure and at some point, it will bind and start to fail. There is no hard and fast rule about the timeframe in which you'll need to replace the front shaft only a warning that it will eventually fail.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jlu rubicon 2017 Jeep Wrangler jku. 2003 Jeep Wrangler Tj rubicon. 1995 Jeep Wrangler yj. 1982 jeep cj7
Occupation
Lineman
Well, that's a tough one to answer. What I can say is that your front driveshaft is only in motion when you are in 4 wheel drive, so on the street, you wouldn't notice the driveshaft angle at all. Off road, it will limit your travel for sure and at some point, it will bind and start to fail. There is no hard and fast rule about the timeframe in which you'll need to replace the front shaft only a warning that it will eventually fail.
So I'd I replace my front shaft at the time I do the install I should be ok off road.....the control arms that come with the adventure series kit will work with the 4.5 inch springs....

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
So I'd I replace my front shaft at the time I do the install I should be ok off road.....the control arms that come with the adventure series kit will work with the 4.5 inch springs....
That would be the best course of action. The arms will handle 4.5, no issue at all, we have plenty of rigs out there on them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension what grease gun and grease do you recommend? I know there's special RK 000 grease, but what other types if any can be used?
I have a Matco mini grease gun that I use, it has been flawless but there's plenty of great brands, no need to spend that much on a grease gun if you aren't doing it for a living. 000 is the only recommended grease for our joints.

Here's a link to the gun I use, I have swapped to a flexible hose though. https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/GG16/MINI-PISTOL-GREASE-GUN/

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Just placed my order for my second Rock Krawler kit and ordered through @River City Offroad because they cut me an amazing deal!!! I had a 3.5 xfactor on my old JK and just went with a 2.5 adventure series for my jl. Can’t wait to get it installed!!
Sounds good, I'm sure you'll love it. River City is a great retailer!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension Where do you mount the sway bar straps on a JL ?
Typically, you would mount it to the factory hole in the top of the coil spring tower. You can mount anywhere you want that will secure the sway bar out of the way though so if you have aftermarket inner fenders, they may have a better place to mount.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Just placed my order for my second Rock Krawler kit and ordered through @River City Offroad because they cut me an amazing deal!!! I had a 3.5 xfactor on my old JK and just went with a 2.5 adventure series for my jl. Can’t wait to get it installed!!
Thank you!!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Rock Krawler Suspension , can I order the axle mounts by themselves for the front swaybar disconnects? I have a set of links leftover from my last Jeep.
Give us a shout at the office, odd-ball items like that wouldn't normally be available from a retailer but we can make it happen. 518-270-9822

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Once I make sure I still have the disconnects I’ll give you guys a call.
When you find them, make sure they get small enough to fit. a 2.5" lift will sit around 7-7.5", a 3.5" lift will be 8-8.5" so on and so forth with these brackets.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.