Sponsored

Has anyone seen an Bank Auto Loan under 3% lately?

Cubeman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Viper, 15' Hellcat Challenger, 18' SRT Durango, 13' SRT Charger
Rates are going up nationwide. I did 2.25% on my Hellcat back in 15. My Durango SRT I did this summer is 4.25% and I expect my Red Eye now to be 5% at the rate this is going. (84 month terms). These are CU rates also. My Charger is in the lower 3's back when i changed it from CCAP to my CU back in 15' but it's a used 13 SRT.

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Nice. How do you do this without taking a credit hit from a lot of inquiries?
Most banks / CUs list the lowest APR they will offer for a loan on their site without filling any info. I started my search there and found five that were under 3% and then applied for two of them and both offered me the lowest rate they had. One of them was 1.99% so I did not apply to the rest.

Having said that, the dealer also ran my credit because I took delivery on a note before my loan paperwork went through. It turns out they ran three hard inquirers. Overall I ended up with five hard inquires and that dropped my credit score by around 10 points. If you are car shopping / loan rate shopping, it is common to have multiple hard inquiries but that will not effect your overall score by much. I should get those 10 points back very soon.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Most banks / CUs list the lowest APR they will offer for a loan on their site without filling any info. I started my search there and found five that were under 3% and then applied for two of them and both offered me the lowest rate they had. One of them was 1.99% so I did not apply to the rest.

Having said that, the dealer also ran my credit because I took delivery on a note before my loan paperwork went through. It turns out they ran three hard inquirers. Overall I ended up with five hard inquires and that dropped my credit score by around 10 points. If you are car shopping / loan rate shopping, it is common to have multiple hard inquiries but that will not effect your overall score by much. I should get those 10 points back very soon.
Great info, thanks

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I got 3.79% for 72 months from USAA a couple days ago. Asked the dealer if they had anyone that could beat it and said the closest they could come was 3.99% and I have just under an 800 credit score.

My rate from them on my Scat Pack was 2.49, but as has been mentioned, now that we are no longer in a recession, those low rates are much more rare as they arenā€™t attempting to incentivize borrowing

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
2.94% for 60 months through Bank of America at dealership. I had originally told the dealer I was going to go through a credit union since they likely wouldn't be able to get under 3%. They called me back that night and said they could do 2.94 through BOA. I've used BOA for finances before though so that may have had something to do with the quote as an existing customer.

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
1.99 from Navy Federal, but you have to be a senior enlisted member to get that rate.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Seems like most loans from commercial banks and even some CU's are starting at 3% for anything over 48 months. Please share if you have had better luck. Thank you.
2.99% 72 months with 20% down Aurora Federal Credit Union (Aurora Colorado)

OP
OP

rrwins

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I haven't car shopped for 5 years and my last APR was .9% so I was taken aback by the current #s.

Thank you all for sharing your personal experience.

One dealership started w/ Chrysler financing at 4.78%. He even said that $1000 rebate amount will be taken off if I don't finance through them. BS!
Got pre-approved with CDC Federal Union in Atl at 3.9% with an additional 1% off for banking with them.

Took that to another dealership and they matched it with Capital One. 10% down 60 months. No paystub requirements. Took 30 mins as 2.9% is considered an aggressive rate at this time. Oh, and the dealer through in $200 towards a step rail if I financed through them. I may not take them up on it, but it was a nice gesture.

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
USAA is offering 3.09% up to 60 months. I was originally going to go with them but my local dealership offered me 2.99% through Capital One for 60 months.

Lorris007

First Name
Lorris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Wasnā€™t comparing but rather bitching, which I guess is useless. But no need to start saying Im stupid for bringing up my current loan in frustration to how itā€™s 1.5% more than my previous loan. Thatā€™s a rather large sum of money on a $50k loan. If thatā€™s stupid to be frustrated about then Iā€™ll gladly take the stupid title
50k is too much vor a car and they can cancel your loan

thenewjs23

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord (Soon a Jeep)
Fed rate has been going up .25% every quarter since 2017, that increases bank lending rates. It stayed almost the same from 2008-2015. It's stupid to compare rates for a previous auto loan
Explains alot, my loan from 13' was 1.7