bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommendation for mounting high lift jack on JLUR rear door ? I am looking at https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/hi-lift-jack-mounting-bracket-jeep-wrangler-jl but it says that the bracket is to be used with the Warn Elite Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier for Wrangler JL.
If you feel like playing pre-order roulette, there's this. https://www.quadratec.com/p/teraflex/hi-lift-tailgate-jack-mount-jeep-wrangler-jl

But you may want to explore why @JIMBOX suggests you think better of it.

OP
OP
wranglernoob2019

wranglernoob2019

First Name
GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 19 Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you both !! I am guessing any mount will cause some rattling outside !

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Well, rattle is one thing and D-rings are famous for that, but-

I've been using HiLifts since 1960 and even though there NEED/USE is RARE--there are times when they can save your vehicle/you-

I say don't mount them outside, because the SUN/WEATHER/theft will render them--FROZEN/UNUSEABLE--

There are many ways to mount the HiLift in the 4dr jeep-

Keep it greased and contained in a sleeve, or "JACKBOX" Good luck

JIMBO

Last edited:

Sponsored

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Agreed. Don’t be that guy AKA Poser that mounts the jack outside to look sweet. I see lots of these dudes in CO and their jacks are rusted out, but their Jeeps look rad.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I'll echo Jimbox and Geos. Mount it inside, I've had my HiLIft since 2005, it lived inside the cab of my previous 2 TJ's. Even so, open cab usage and occasional exposure to the elements here in the rust belt and it's showing it's wear. I plan on mounting it behind the rear passenger seat in my JLUR, and continuing to keep it maintained and as clean as possible so it keeps working for another 14 or so years.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Greetings all,

I have a (somewhat) shiny new high-lift jack and need a mount. My issue is that I have a 2-door and I don't know what products are available to mount them well either inside or outside. I am fine mounting mine outside because I will only have it mounted if I am out on a trail. I won't leave it there all year for it to get rusted and ruined.

That being said, I don't see many mounting options out there for the 2-doors. The ones that bolt to the rear tire carrier are optimal, but I have a 35" tire back there and I don't think the mounts will fit next to the tire.

Suggestions appreciated. I would really rather not just put it on the floor in the back.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Greetings all,

I have a (somewhat) shiny new high-lift jack and need a mount. My issue is that I have a 2-door and I don't know what products are available to mount them well either inside or outside. I am fine mounting mine outside because I will only have it mounted if I am out on a trail. I won't leave it there all year for it to get rusted and ruined.

That being said, I don't see many mounting options out there for the 2-doors. The ones that bolt to the rear tire carrier are optimal, but I have a 35" tire back there and I don't think the mounts will fit next to the tire.

Suggestions appreciated. I would really rather not just put it on the floor in the back.
Mounting it to a roof rack is always an option.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Mounting it to a roof rack is always an option.
This would mean buying a roof rack and then buying a mount. That's a pretty expensive solution compared to keeping it inside the Jeep on the floor for free. I don't mind spending some money on a nice solution but that seems like overkill.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just flat got sick of hauling around a giant, heavy rattling piece of Erector Set and finally ponied up for the ARB.

It's a ridiculously expensive alternative but I was just THAT sick of Hi-Lifts. They're a tried and true design but it was just like this GD ball 'n chain I always felt I had to have but virtually never used.

The ARB at least fits handily below the rear windows of a 4 door. And yeah, I certainly worry that when I need it a seal will be blown or there will be other issues unique to hydraulics, but I'm putting my faith in ARB's R&D, for better or worse.

Failing that my plan was to mount a Hi-Lift east/west on top of the roll bar in back.

FPrice

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
Hi-Lift just released the Trail Trac, it allows you to mount the Hi-Lift on the sport bar, snide the Jeep. I’m waiting to see the mount for the Powertank before I order.

I’m in Jimbo’s camp, don’t leave it out in the elements.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I am looking for the same solution as the OP. I would not have mounted when hitting trails. I don’t like the idea I’d it hanging out in the inside of the jeep in the event of an accident...
Sponsored