The Complete Package

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Really doesn't exist. I get that. From reading through posts I am under the impression that wobbles, death or a bad case of the wiggles, gets addressed in 2 ways: a steering stabilizer or the YETI trackbar. It seems that some with even the MC or RK kits have replaced their trackbar that came with the kit out for the YETI. Why?

I am no expert, and I don't have experience with Jeeps like many here have. I think what I am going to do with my Jeep when I do get it and lift it is get the YETI tie rod and draglink. If I require an upgrade to the steering stabilizer or not still remains to be seen, but from what I have gathered from reading, no one who has wobbles has gotten the "complete package". Price wise, it is within $100 to go MOPAR with YETI or RK/MC and YETI. So, why not run it all at the same time? Going MOPAR would require all of the YETI parts, which accounts for the extra $100. The RK Max with YETI tie rod and draglink is just under (using FOX 2.0 shocks) and MK GC 2.5 is $10 less than that. So, preference aside, it looks like a winner anyway you go.

Yes, I am aware that the MOPAR kit will end up being more expensive as you update/upgrade the LCA.

Am I just out of my mind and over thinking things?
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think people have this belief that a stabilizer is the CAUSE or FIX for wobbles, death or not, when in reality a properly set up steering system should be able to be ran without a stabilizer at all with NO issues. The stabilizer is for comfort only. Also, as mentioned before, a trackbar does not seem to be the issue in MOST of the issues. Its the drag link. But before throwing $$$$$ and countless parts at it, find out whats causing it. Doesn't make sense to do anything but addressing the weak link.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I think people have this belief that a stabilizer is the CAUSE or FIX for wobbles, death or not, when in reality a properly set up steering system should be able to be ran without a stabilizer at all with NO issues. The stabilizer is for comfort only. Also, as mentioned before, a trackbar does not seem to be the issue in MOST of the issues. Its the drag link. But before throwing $$$$$ and countless parts at it, find out whats causing it. Doesn't make sense to do anything but addressing the weak link.
I agree and this is what has led me to the above belief. If you are going to make adjustments, make the right ones. IT is clear that the stock components will wobble at some point, more often than not.

Oh, and I goofed on my math. The MOPAR is $100 more with the full YETI parts AND MC front and rear LCAs.

Last edited:

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
IMO, people replace with the YETi track bar cause its driven home that its the fix for the issue. What people aren't taking into effect is an adjustable track bar of any sort, kind of, CAN fix a wobble issue as it corrects the geometry after a lift. Thats not to say there's an obvious quality difference between a YETI track bar and say an RC track bar, which there is.

IF you're looking for a "package" that addresses everything I don't believe there is one, yet. Its in my opinion that its good practice to use parts that are designed together. If you're going with MC, stick with their track bar. Same with RK or any QUALITY brand. Not saying a YETI will cause issues but things perform better and less clearance issues when you pair everything together the way its designed. Being MOPAR doesn't have an adjustable track bar, I dont believe, getting a YETI or MC or RK or JKS etc track bar is advisable.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Wobble can be caused by so many components, as well as not enough caster.
It is NOT a steering stabilizer issue as some have said, sure you may have a bad stabilizer, but that wasn't the cause.

I remember my 00 XJ, talk about death wobble...I had to replace so much stuff, it was lifted half assed like most people do with this spacer shit and incomplete kits with no LCAs to fix caster. in the end I had B Lee steering components and adjustable everything to really make it perfect, and I had NO steering stablilizer

now that's normal to have worn parts causing DW in a 15 yr old jeep, however, to have it in a new jeep with 8k miles, is just nonsense.

I for one am tired of dealers not knowing shit about the jeep they sell and saying it is normal because they drive a lifted JK that wobbles

I am looking into mine this spring and will begin upgrading things

Personally I think it is a shitty track bar bushing on passenger side for me, I don't think it is my steering box as I don't have any dead spots or drifting
I did find some things not torqued properly in mine

My JL reminds me of a lifted jeep, that was lifted by drunk 17 yr old monkeys on a broke budget

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
ohh there is a complete package btw...it is the Maximus-3 lift kit, read the thread on here and see.
I don't know if it is out yet, it addresses everything, but I am sure it will be expensive.

But what is $2000-$3000 to do it correctly and not fuck up an already fucked suspension

IMO FCA should buy every JL owner a Maximus 3 kit to fix this BS nightmare

We shouldn't have to spend $2000 to fix a new jeep

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
IMO, people replace with the YETi track bar cause its driven home that its the fix for the issue. What people aren't taking into effect is an adjustable track bar of any sort, kind of, CAN fix a wobble issue as it corrects the geometry after a lift. Thats not to say there's an obvious quality difference between a YETI track bar and say an RC track bar, which there is.

IF you're looking for a "package" that addresses everything I don't believe there is one, yet. Its in my opinion that its good practice to use parts that are designed together. If you're going with MC, stick with their track bar. Same with RK or any QUALITY brand. Not saying a YETI will cause issues but things perform better and less clearance issues when you pair everything together the way its designed. Being MOPAR doesn't have an adjustable track bar, I dont believe, getting a YETI or MC or RK or JKS etc track bar is advisable.
I agree that utilizing parts that have been designed together is the best course of action. The problem sits with the fact that no one makes ALL the parts that are the cause of the issue. The other part of the equation is that there are too many parts causing the issue from what I can tell so far.

Lifts that don't center as they should
Bushings
Joints
Control Arms
Tie Rod
Draglink
Trackbar
Stock steering stabilizer

YETI focuses on one aspect, RK / MC focuses on another, etc.... If I got the RK or MC lift, I'd use the trackbar that comes with it. I would have to get the YETI tie rod and draglink because RK and MC don't make them, as far as I can tell. So piecing parts together is something that just ends up having to happen. Having them adjustable makes it easier to massage into working together though.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
ohh there is a complete package btw...it is the Maximus-3 lift kit, read the thread on here and see.
I don't know if it is out yet, it addresses everything, but I am sure it will be expensive.

But what is $2000-$3000 to do it correctly and not fuck up an already fucked suspension

IMO FCA should buy every JL owner a Maximus 3 kit to fix this BS nightmare

We shouldn't have to spend $2000 to fix a new jeep
The Maximus 3 sounds awesome! If I wanted a 3.5" or higher lift. Oh, and they use the YETI steering components. So why not go RK Max or MC GC and the YETI tie rod and draglink?

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Here are my plans if/when I decide to lift:

Dynatrac Endurosport
MC Control arms/track bars
Upgraded Drag link/tie rod if needed

From what Ive read, Dynatrac has done a great job at matching spring rates with custom valving on the Fox shocks so they compliment each other. Add MC's duraflex joints which are incredibly comfortable on the road, I don't think you'll get a better riding Jeep. I don't want go above a 2" lift, would like less if possible.

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Dynatrac Endurosport

From what Ive read, Dynatrac has done a great job at matching spring rates with custom valving on the Fox shocks so they compliment each other. Add MC's duraflex joints which are incredibly comfortable on the road, I don't think you'll get a better riding Jeep. I don't want go above a 2" lift, would like less if possible.
Iā€™m in the same boat. I just posted something that spelled out my very near upgrade and lift path, and asked the question of what I might be missing. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4

Dynatrac Endurosport

I am of the same mindset for the most part. I like the Dynatrac and Mopar lifts for 2 reasons, 2" and matched spring/shocks.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
So, I took another look at it, in an "upgraded" plan. IF I went MOPAR or Dynatrac, Metalcloak full set control arms, and complete YETI steering pieces, it's $3,500-$3,800 (MSRP). That really isn't terrible compared to the MC w/Yeti at $3,200 and RK X Factor and Yeti for $3,700.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We're late to the party and not everything is released yet, but we'll have all the top tier parts you're looking for to have a "complete kit" from one manufacturer that addresses everything. Give us a few weeks to get the first few suspension systems out.

Our Stage 2 will be our fully upgraded 2" kit and will be a true 2" coil spring lift that includes all adjustable control arms, bump stop spacers, front sway bar links with disconnects, rear sway bar links, sway bar correction brackets, front track bar, and rear track bar bracket. Add our drag link and tie rod and you will be at around $3,600. Jump up to Stage 3 for 3" of lift and the system also includes our drag link, high steer, and rear track bar.

Tuned shock packages are coming as well and we will have a couple different price points for them. These compliment our coil springs very well and we have been able to remove all initial stiffness/harshness commonly associated with Falcon while preventing excessive body movement common with Fox.

Also, the Mopar kit comes with Fox 2.5" shocks, but they are not tuned. The valving curve is the same as the stock shocks so they will ride like stock.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I've lifted several jeeps and helped lift even more and I wouldn't go spending money on parts you may not need. Yeti is beefy sure but if you've got death wobble from a trackbar it's usually not the bar itself in my experience.

I'd look into a kit that has adjustable arms and trackbar and is known for making quality stuff and standing behind it. I personally dont care for drop bracket crap, do it right and just get adjustable arms. Buy once cry once but you'll thank yourself later. If you take it offroad you'll also benefit misalignment over something like a clevite bushing or drop bracket.
Sponsored