Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I was thinking of going out 126 thru Santa Clara

That's not out of my way. I will meet up with you there. I'll be in a white JL 2dr rubicon
Either way Been, just make sure I know. I don't want to drive off 45 seconds before we meet!
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Either way Been, just make sure I know. I don't want to drive off 45 seconds before we meet!
Are you going to the Mojave meetup location ? Thinking more about it, my new rig is going to want a little more break-in time with varying speeds. I will meet up at the Mojave 76 station. Final answer, HaHa
See ya all there !

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Are you going to the Mojave meetup location ? Thinking more about it, my new rig is going to want a little more break-in time with varying speeds. I will meet up at the Mojave 76 station. Final answer, HaHa
See ya all there !
Cool, see you at the 76 station

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My JL this afternoon was acting up. It was a cold startup, put it in reverse to back up and just as I went from brake to gas the "R" shift indicator light started blinking and the trans went into neutral. Tried park and Reverse, same thing. Back and forth P to R a few times, neutral. I couldn't go forward, no room, so I did a T.C. shift into 4 Hi still no reverse. Went back to 2HI and reverse worked this time. I went supply shopping for this trip and all has been well. Hopefully tomorrow morning after it's been setting and cold it won't do a repeat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My JL this afternoon was acting up. It was a clod start put it in reverse to back up and just as I went from brake to gas the "R" shift indicator light started blinking and the trans went into neutral. Tried park and Reverse, same thing. Back and forth P to R a few times, neutral. I couldn't go forward, no room, so I did a T.C. shift into 4 Hi still no reverse. Went back to 2HI and reverse worked this time. I went supply shopping for this trip and all has been well. Hopefully tomorrow morning after it's been setting and cold it won't do a repeat.
I went with the old school rule, manual trans!

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I went with the old school rule, manual trans!
Just because you have a manual doesn't mean to can't have problems. I once helped a guy with a new CJ5 install a clutch, pressure plate and T.O. bearing out on the Fordyce jeep trail back in '74. He had carburetor problems and ended up burning up his clutch. I had a '72 LC wagon and the trail was to tuff to get it back in to where the CJ was broke down. Me and him backpacked tools and parts and sleeping gear to his CJ location. Changed the parts and drove it out the next day. Folks he was wheeling with wouldn't help him until the next weekend because they worked. He was worried about his rig out on the trail during the weeks wait and called me. The guy was my brother and I was OK with missing a couple days work and helped him. That's what brothers do.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Just because you have a manual doesn't mean to can't have problems. I once helped a guy with a new CJ5 install a clutch, pressure plate and T.O. bearing out on the Fordyce jeep trail back in '74. He had carburetor problems and ended up burning up his clutch. I had a '72 LC wagon and the trail was to tuff to get it back in to where the CJ was broke down. Me and him backpacked tools and parts and sleeping gear to his CJ location. Changed the parts and drove it out the next day. Folks he was wheeling with wouldn't help him until the next weekend because they worked. He was worried about his rig out on the trail during the weeks wait and called me. The guy was my brother and I was OK with missing a couple days work and helped him. That's what brothers do.
Your correct.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
My JL this afternoon was acting up. It was a cold startup, put it in reverse to back up and just as I went from brake to gas the "R" shift indicator light started blinking and the trans went into neutral. Tried park and Reverse, same thing. Back and forth P to R a few times, neutral. I couldn't go forward, no room, so I did a T.C. shift into 4 Hi still no reverse. Went back to 2HI and reverse worked this time. I went supply shopping for this trip and all has been well. Hopefully tomorrow morning after it's been setting and cold it won't do a repeat.

Hey!... were you trying to back up with the door open or not wearing the seatbelt?.. the JLs have a security feature that stops the Jeep under those circumstances.. I installed a Tazer Lite module that among other things it disables that feature...

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey!

So ... we meet at Mojave 76 station at 16825 CA-14 at 8:30 am .. correct?

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey!... were you trying to back up with the door open or not wearing the seatbelt?.. the JLs have a security feature that stops the Jeep under those circumstances.. I installed a Tazer Lite module that among other things it disables that feature...
Pretty sure belt was on and door was closed, that's my SOP. Good to know about the nanny system and the Tazer Lite. Hope that is all it was and not a system issue. Thanks for replying. I will be meeting up in Mojave. I have Vic’s # to let him know if I cancel.

* Update 3/20 8 am. Good News! Reverse gear has been engaging properly the last couple days. Must have been me and the Wranglers nanny system kicked in. planning on being in Mojave 8:30 tomorrow.

Last edited:

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure belt was on and door was closed, that's my SOP. Good to know about the nanny system and the Tazer Lite. Hope that is all it was and not a system issue. Thanks for replying. I will be meeting up in Mojave. I have Vic’s # to let him know if I cancel.
Ohh ok.. understood.. I hope it does not do that again.. my JL has been great so far..

I hope you can make it.. this trip promises to be an awesome adventure!

Cheers.. Jose

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

* Update 3/20 8 am. Good News! Reverse gear has been engaging properly the last couple days. Must have been me and the Wranglers nanny system kicked in. planning on being in Mojave 8:30 tomorrow.

Nice!!,, see you all in Mojave 8:30 am!
Sponsored