Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Look what came in the mail today... if I have time tonight going to throw it in.. I’ll report back

1B51EE7B-D3EC-46F8-92B5-5A424831ADB5.jpeg

9DBF6E9B-312A-4D85-AFEB-2C7E21875EF8.jpeg

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
The Sahara's with a 60/40 split back seat do. When we went to the dealership to purchase a Fully loaded Sahara, we noticed that the MOAB was only 3K more. We went home with the MOAB. However, in our excitement, we did not notice at the time that the cup holders were missing, or bother to ask if that is how the MOABs were configured. I am just assuming they would have them as they are based on the Sahara's interior.
Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my 2nd post. New member here from Fayetteville, NC. We just bought our first Jeep and we could not have been more happier and excited to drive our beast home. We purchased a Black & Tan JLU MOAB. Happy to be part of the community. No photos yet. Crummy weather lately. I also would like to thank everyone who shared their experiences on purchasing their Jeeps. I think we got a hell of a deal on ours.

We do have a question though. We noticed last night when installing our child's car seat that we did not have the 2 cup holders directly behind the center hand rest. Obviously the cup holders built into the middle seat is there but... I know this may seem minor but believe it or not, cup holders for our back seat passengers is a huge convenience for our growing family. Do other MOAB owners have their cup holders in the back of their MOABs? Our MOAB will basically be used primarily as our minivan equivalent/mall crawler/family vehicle.
The Sahara's with a 60/40 split back seat do. When we went to the dealership to purchase a Fully loaded Sahara, we noticed that the MOAB was only 3K more. We went home with the MOAB. However, in our excitement, we did not notice at the time that the cup holders were missing, or bother to ask if that is how the MOABs were configured. I am just assuming they would have them as they are based on the Sahara's interior.
I found the cup holder on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANG...-NEW-OEM-MOPAR-/153224976642?oid=183318887018

You can swap it out. only issue you will have is the middle rear headrest will touch it when folded. u can just remove it or put it in backwards when you need to fold the seat. I'm going to order one as well.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
I found the cup holder on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANG...-NEW-OEM-MOPAR-/153224976642?oid=183318887018

You can swap it out. only issue you will have is the middle rear headrest will touch it when folded. u can just remove it or put it in backwards when you need to fold the seat. I'm going to order one as well.
Bricazo, thanks for the find. We actually went back to the dealership last night and we confirmed that ALL leather trim Jeeps that they had did not come equipped with the rear cup holders behind the center hand rest console. This is due to what many have already stated - the angle of the rear middle head rest gets in the way of the rear seats folding down flush.

That is fine and we will live with it. We rarely have 5 passengers anyway and mostly drive around with 3-4 people. They can just use the cup holders found in the rear middle seat divider.

We really can't explain how happy we are to finally own a Jeep Wrangler. We knew about them before but always thought that the interior of previous Jeep models were cheap looking and inferior to other manufacturers. Well, Jeep really rectified that with the new JLs. Especially with the Sahara/MOAB models. We are so glad we didn't go with our original plan to get an X5.

Hopefully one day we take our MOAB out to a relatively easy trail. Need to find a group with winches to help us when needed :)

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look what came in the mail today... if I have time tonight going to throw it in.. I’ll report back

Interesting. Look forward to your feedback.

WranglerHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Moab
Thanks! This is our third Wrangler (YJ, JK prior) and the Moab is by far the most impressive. It's amazing how much they've advanced in every way. Enjoy!
Dumb question, but the fuel tank lid does not lock, correct?

WranglerHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Moab
Nope. You can buy the mopar locking cap that conforms to your own key.... if you want a locking cap.
Thanks...that is slightly annoying that the fuel cover doesn't lock in this day and age. I'll check in to the locking cap :like:

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question regarding the auto selec-trac. 2H and 4L is easy to understand. Regarding the 4H "set it and forget it" mode. Does this work like Audi Quattros where all 4 wheels have power to them; some wheels receiving more power than others depending on conditions? If this is the case, what is the deal with 4 Part time mode?

What do you guys set your drivetrain to and why? I currently have it set to 4H just because I was told to "set it there and forget it."

Sponsored

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Question regarding the auto selec-trac. 2H and 4L is easy to understand. Regarding the 4H "set it and forget it" mode. Does this work like Audi Quattros where all 4 wheels have power to them; some wheels receiving more power than others depending on conditions? If this is the case, what is the deal with 4 Part time mode?

What do you guys set your drivetrain to and why? I currently have it set to 4H just because I was told to "set it there and forget it."
I leave it in 2w unless there is bad weather. If u switch the instrument cluster to drivetrain you can see where the power is being transferred in real time ..

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I leave it in 2w unless there is bad weather. If u switch the instrument cluster to drivetrain you can see where the power is being transferred in real time ..
I didn't think about that. Thanks for the heads up. I will do that today.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

4H auto will engage the front axle but power will only be sent to the front as needed (if the rear slips). 4H part time locks it into a 50/50 power split (not ideal when there is no slippage). You can leave it in 4H auto if desired, but there is a slight decrease in fuel economy.

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab

So I installed the idrive the other day.. I have to stay I was skeptic about it working. It exceeded my expectation! It completely removes all the delay in the gas pedal. I know it didn’t add any horsepower but is sure does feel like it. Love the fact that is has over 20 different settings and an auto mode that adjusts on the fly depending on how u press the gas. I absolutly recommend to anyone looking to make your Jeep much more responsive

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
So I installed the idrive the other day.. I have to stay I was skeptic about it working. It exceeded my expectation! It completely removes all the delay in the gas pedal. I know it didn’t add any horsepower but is sure does feel like it. Love the fact that is has over 20 different settings and an auto mode that adjusts on the fly depending on how u press the gas. I absolutly recommend to anyone looking to make your Jeep much more responsive
Does idrive add fuel economy?
Sponsored