Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Could you put it in the passenger side? I don’t have a passenger that often, and where it is now is where my knee rests
The short answer is Yes, I can design one to mount on the passenger side and I understand your situation. However, I personally believe in the concept of keeping your firearm as close to you as possible and limiting anyone else's access to it. I don't think there would be any issues with it, but I would like to confer with a LEO friend of mine first (who is also a holster maker) as to any potential downsides before saying I will build a passenger side version. Thank you for your interest
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
The short answer is Yes, I can design one to mount on the passenger side and I understand your situation. However, I personally believe in the concept of keeping your firearm as close to you as possible and limiting anyone else's access to it. I don't think there would be any issues with it, but I would like to confer with a LEO friend of mine first (who is also a holster maker) as to any potential downsides before saying I will build a passenger side version. Thank you for your interest
After conferring with a couple of other makers, other than the issue stated above, there does not seem to be any other issues with building these for the passenger side as well. So, I will offer these for passenger side as well. The same seat placement issues will reside on the passenger side as well. These work best if further back the seat is.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
Do you have the mold for the HK P2000 SK?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Great job OP! Very nice, well thought out design. I will be ordering one when I get my JL.

Sponsored

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Here is the installation information. Remove the round plug on the drivers side of the center console (pops out). Behind the round plug cover is an M6 bolt. Use a 10mm socket to remover. Gentle pull back the lower edge of the center console side panel and slide the clip at the rear of the holster over the panel. Slide the M6X approach 1/12" screw with topper into front hole of holster. Slide 1/2" spacer onto screw from backside of holster. Line up screw with thread hole that you removed the M^ bolt from. Tighten screw and close cover on screw topper ... and that's it ... 1 minute install

JL Holster Intallation Pics.jpg
So bolted in the front and clipped under the console in the rear?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
First Name
Honeybadger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
Are you still making these? What is your current price on them? I would love a black on black one for a Springfield Armory P9.

Status
Not open for further replies.