Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Without knowing the overhead how can we have an educate and intelligent conversation about this? I stated in my post that I will stick with what I have, if you or anyone else feel it is worth the ~40 bucks, then obviously feel free.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, yeah, yeah.. and now with the release of this OBDII T- Harness, guys that bought the Mini will be having seconds thoughts.... and saying ..... similar... that had they known about this harness they would have.....

As far as "original buyers would get some love since we signed on during the start up and birth of the JL Tazer" and this $39.95 product offering, well, at $39.95 how would there be room so to speak to discount it..

As stated it’s not a debate just a statement and with that said

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I actually had these made for those doing tuning on Trackhawks, just so happens it works for the JL as well. Still a significant investment... not much room to discount them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I actually had these made for those doing tuning on Trackhawks, just so happens it works for the JL as well. Still a significant investment... not much room to discount them.
Hi Joe. If I installed one of these, does that mean when I go in for warranty service, I can just leave it as-is and the dealer can plug their OBD II device in there and do their thing? Right now, when I go in for service, I have to unmarry, unplug, unplug the bypass (big pain in the ass) then when I get it back, plug the bypass back in (big pain in the ass again) then plug the Tazer back in and reset it. Does this connector eliminate all that? That's where I would see this as easily worth 40 bucks, at least to me.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to whatever the next big announcement is!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi Joe. If I installed one of these, does that mean when I go in for warranty service, I can just leave it as-is and the dealer can plug their OBD II device in there and do their thing? Right now, when I go in for service, I have to unmarry, unplug, unplug the bypass (big pain in the ass) then when I get it back, plug the bypass back in (big pain in the ass again) then plug the Tazer back in and reset it. Does this connector eliminate all that? That's where I would see this as easily worth 40 bucks, at least to me.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to whatever the next big announcement is!
@DanW

Joe will undoubtedly reply here to you...

I do believe, based what I have been told, you could leave lets call it, every thing as is, because with this goodie the dealerships WiTech will be able to connect to the OBDll port, and of course you would not have the Tazer JL companion gateway module in the mix..

BUT.... You would still want to unmarry prior to going to the dealership.. Unmarry, but you can leave the hardware/harness attached.... And just say nothing to the Tech at the dealership.

The reason why you would want to unmarry:

You unmarry, otherwise the dealer may wipe out your changes, which isn’t really an issue because you can still set them again .......but if they do an update which changes the BCM config, and you’re not unmarried, when you finally do unmarry you’ll be erasing what the dealer just applied. 8-(

@DanW I believe the info I am spewing is spot, on but I like you, I want to hear directly, from Joe on this... 8-)

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Then you would know that lockers and swaybar are possible with the current beta. Buy it now or wait a week when the new release is ready and firmware updates are very easy. If you can't do a firmware update then maybe this device isn't for you.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Final Release Firmware 11.0.8, for the Tazer JL, was made available yesterday, 3/6/19 at about 1pm.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-jl-firmware-11-0-8-posted-3-6-19.25038/

To download, 11.0.8 final release firmware go here:
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

OR, to get 11.0.8 just use the ZPU software and have it find, download and install 11.0.8. ZPU has no problem finding the update.

To purchase a Tazer JL or Tazer JL Mini, go here:
https://zautomotive.com/product-category/tazer/

Attached are User's Guides for final release firmware 11.0.8
  • Tazer JL
  • Tazer JL Mini

Attachments

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Set ParkSense: This setting is to change or disable ParkSense system. Choices are as follows:
0: None, 1: Sahara, 2: Rubicon, 3: Export Rear, 4: Export Front+Rear

Does this mean set to 0 to turn it off for any model, or set it to 2 to turn it off for my JLUR?

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Set ParkSense: This setting is to change or disable ParkSense system. Choices are as follows:
0: None, 1: Sahara, 2: Rubicon, 3: Export Rear, 4: Export Front+Rear

Does this mean set to 0 to turn it off for any model, or set it to 2 to turn it off for my JLUR?
I have a rubicon and it was on 1 after installing tmini, no changes by me. Do I have to change it?

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have a rubicon and it was on 1 after installing tmini, no changes by me. Do I have to change it?
Mine was also on 1 after the update, I changed it to a zero, I was trying to disable it, seems to work.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3/27/19

Can't find the thread again to post a reply to the guys asking .... maybe they will see this post ....... but you can buy the Tazer JL Mini with 90 day warranty and free shipping for $302.68.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.