Sponsored

Artec Industries Inner Fenders for JL

GRN JLLO

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250, 2016 Ford Mustang GT PP, 1923 Ford T-Bucket Roadster, 1965 Ford Falcon

Install video to hopefully help some one with these.
Yep. Big thanks. The instructions are horrible. They make no provisions for the DRL wiring. You have to figure out the best place without pinching the wires.
Sponsored

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yep. Big thanks. The instructions are horrible. They make no provisions for the DRL wiring. You have to figure out the best place without pinching the wires.
hah glad I could help, it took installing these an 2 jeeps to figure it out. The video is the 2nd one! Be happy to make another for the rears if you need Artec! haha

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
How about the rivnuts. Would you recommend the rivnut tool you can buy online or what they send in the kit? Mine are in the process of getting cerakoted matte clear.

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How about the rivnuts. Would you recommend the rivnut tool you can buy online or what they send in the kit? Mine are in the process of getting cerakoted matte clear.
If you want to save time and frustration get a tool. What they send works but it's a PITA.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Thank you Penance81

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
If you want to save time and frustration get a tool. What they send works but it's a PITA.
I second this. Please buy a good rivnut tool. You will save a lot of heartache, especially if you mess one up with the tool they provide.

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For sure buy one, even a cheap HF one would be better than any one's included "tool" lol

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Any recommendations for one under $100? I see all kinds on Amazon that look the same to me. Lol. putting the fender liners on will probably be the only time I ever use one. Haven't had a need in 50yrs so don't see any more in the near future. Thanks !!

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Any recommendations for one under $100? I see all kinds on Amazon that look the same to me. Lol. putting the fender liners on will probably be the only time I ever use one. Haven't had a need in 50yrs so don't see any more in the near future. Thanks !!
Don't get that china junk, the finish will come off, and the fit is never right. Get American made goodness for just a little more. Even if you don't "need" the clearance it looks nice and cleans up the front.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Don't get that china junk, the finish will come off, and the fit is never right. Get American made goodness for just a little more. Even if you don't "need" the clearance it looks nice and cleans up the front.
pretty sure he meant which rivnut tool...

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is the one I’ve had my eyes on for when I need one:
Astro Pneumatic Tool 1442 13" Hand Rivet Nut Setter Kit - Metric & SAE W/ 60pc Rivnuts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TODXQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2zrKCbANHTEZ1

Looks well rated.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Correct. Sorry I didn't specify. I already have the inner fenders. They are at the powder coater still waiting on cerakote.
pretty sure he meant which rivnut tool...

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Edited: Anyone have a clue how to do the driver rear install? The fuel filler is in the way so you can’t put it in assembled and you can’t assemble it once it’s in!

These instructions suck ass as well. Artec should be making a video for all of these installs.

I finally was able to get both sides done, that is a nightmare. My suggestion to anyone is start on the passenger side and learn all the quirks then go drink 3 beers and return to the driver side. It will test your patience and all your choice words will get used multiple times. It does look good and covers some parts that need to be protected. I am a little concerned about the metal possible rubbing the filler hose as there is only about 1.5mm of clearance so I will watch that and report if it ever rubs.
Sponsored

Last edited: