Idrive Throttle Controller

red911sc83

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon unlimited
I just posted the same thing in another forum. I have a 2018 Rubicon 6 speed, and find the throttle to be vague at times. Especially when first taking off(coming off the clutch and giving it gas, For the first 10% throttle, theres a delay) and rev-matching on downshifts.

OP
OP
Lombardocs

Lombardocs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Oh no kidding? Did you get an Idrive? Mine comes in tomorrow. I can let you know how it works out. I have an 8 speed automatic JLU Sport. But Idrive says their product if good for both manual or automatic.

red911sc83

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon unlimited
Oh no kidding? Did you get an Idrive? Mine comes in tomorrow. I can let you know how it works out. I have an 8 speed automatic JLU Sport. But Idrive says their product if good for both manual or automatic.
I'm going to put an order in today/tomorrow. Says money back guarantee?! A friend of mine that has a 2017 JK told me about it. He doesn't have one but heard really good reviews. Let me know how it goes!

OP
OP
Lombardocs

Lombardocs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I definitely will do. I hope there's a money back guarantee because it's expensive! Ive read that it's a 200% markup from China manufacturing. Kind of a rough blow to ensure since so many Jeep owners are made in USA proud.

From my experience so far, the sales rep I was communicating with was very nice. He even followed up to see if I received it yet. I'll keep you posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lombardocs

Lombardocs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I definitely will do. I hope there's a money back guarantee because it's expensive! Ive read that it's a 200% markup from China manufacturing. Kind of a rough blow to ensure since so many Jeep owners are made in USA proud.

From my experience so far, the sales rep I was communicating with was very nice. He even followed up to see if I received it yet. I'll keep you posted.
PS write to the company 1st. I scored a 10% discount code from talking with them.

OP
OP
Lombardocs

Lombardocs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so to follow up, I installed it, and there was definitely an improvement in the acceleration. It's got different settings so you can adjust how aggressive you want it. Also has an auto mode which adjusts the aggressiveness based on how hard you press the pedal.

I definitely recommend it, but it is expensive in my opinion. After all, it's a simple wire, harness, and tiny led computer. Can't cost $300, it even $100 to manufacture. But I guess what you're paying for is the fun!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Ok so to follow up, I installed it, and there was definitely an improvement in the acceleration. It's got different settings so you can adjust how aggressive you want it. Also has an auto mode which adjusts the aggressiveness based on how hard you press the pedal.

I definitely recommend it, but it is expensive in my opinion. After all, it's a simple wire, harness, and tiny led computer. Can't cost $300, it even $100 to manufacture. But I guess what you're paying for is the fun!
You should probably clarify by saying there is an improvement of the feeling of acceleration. It cannot actually make the Jeep any faster. The pedal just responds more quickly, but the Jeep accelerates exactly the same. I've tested Pedal Commanders before and it definitely makes the Jeep seem faster, but put a clock to it and it's actually the same.

OP
OP
Lombardocs

Lombardocs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I understand how it works. Never said it was faster. I preferred to say you can adjust the aggressiveness in the acceleration. Response time is sharper and gives you more jump at the touch of the pedal.

As I mentioned, improvement in acceleration.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see pictures of where ya'll are mounting the control module and where you route the wire.

Sponsored

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I'd like to see pictures of where ya'll are mounting the control module and where you route the wire.

It fits perfectly behind the shifter with no tape. This way I can hide it behind the carpet if I go to the dealer for service

956BC3D4-D94C-4878-B239-4A6B324DF271.jpeg

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl unlimited S
I read somewhere else that this will help alimprove gas mileage as well .Have you noticed a difference at all since having it?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I read somewhere else that this will help improve gas mileage as well .Have you noticed a difference at all since having it?
@Heatherreanneee

Pedal Commander, as well as this Throttle Controller, offering... that was dropped afterwards, has an Economy Mode.

Supposedly, if you use Eco Mode, you will increase your gas mileage. To be honest.... I believe it is possible, ECO Mode helps with increasing gas mileage.... but reality is, even if you, yourself are very watchful in how you drive in general, your gas mileage will not improve or only improve a tad using ECO Mode.

BUT ..... for those that rock crawl, etc., I do believe Eco Mode is a real plus. When in Eco Mode, it makes the throttle way less responsive and would be a real plus when navigating rocks/boulders. This is a real plus!
Also would be a big plus, in snow, sand and mud...

You can test out a Pedal Commander or the iDrive for 30 days and if you do not care for it, you can get a full refund.

Personally, I would go with the Pedal Commander. The iDrive pales in comparison to the Pedal Commander..... For starter's, the Pedal Commander can be adjusted via an app on your Smart Phone. SOoo, no little aftermarket Throttle Controller box, stuck to your center console, etc..

Forum Sponsor, @Northridge4x4 gives a pretty decent discount on the Pedal Commander.
Northridge 4x4 is an authorized retailer of the Pedal Commander.

Do read here:https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pedal-commanders-now-in-stock.16958/#post-637034

Sponsored