Adding Remote start

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
The installation went great. I also had them install an extra feature that allows me to start the car from my phone.
You can start it with the OEM key fob as well by pressing the lock button 3 times, but after market is 3000 FT range. \And of course you need to keep the original key with you still.
Just looking for clarification, you can remote unlock the doors with the the new fob but still need the OEM fob to move the vehicle?
Sponsored

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Just looking for clarification, you can remote unlock the doors with the the new fob but still need the OEM fob to move the vehicle?
That is correct.

PJonLake

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Once installed, how will new module recognize original fobs to get to dealer to program?
I just had my Mopar remote installed... The dealership has instructions for not only syncing the orig fobs to the new remote start module.. When you order the remote start kit they ask for your vin# and have the remote start keys already cut to your jeep when it is delivered then the dealership can install everything from there...

Last edited:

PJonLake

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I just had my Mopar remote installed... The dealership has instructions for not only syncing the orig fobs to the new remote start module but also get it sync'd up with Sirus Guardian uConnect app... When you order the remote start kit they ask for your vin# and have the remote start keys already cut to your jeep when it is delivered then the dealership can install everything from there...
I received the mopar unit with the new fobs that were correctly matched for my VIN. I did the physical install and could not get the Jeep to start as the new module would not recognize the original fobs and without going through the required dealership activation/programming it won’t recognize the new fobs with the remote start button. I had to revert to simply plugging in the original module to get the Jeep started. I had already scheduled a service appointment, so I will let them complete the install and programming just figured I would still be able to start Jeep until then.

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I received the mopar unit with the new fobs that were correctly matched for my VIN. I did the physical install and could not get the Jeep to start as the new module would not recognize the original fobs and without going through the required dealership activation/programming it won’t recognize the new fobs with the remote start button. I had to revert to simply plugging in the original module to get the Jeep started. I had already scheduled a service appointment, so I will let them complete the install and programming just figured I would still be able to start Jeep until then.
You are correct the dealer has to go into a program mode to activate everything properly... Then to finish syncing up they have to get a pin to for dealer connect that is only good for a short period of time...

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
sorry to revive an old post, assuming this is for ones who don't have the cold weather package?

ChrisPee

First Name
Chris Pee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just bought a Fortin unit for $61 model EVO-CHRT6 (with T harness). I already have the flashlink updater tool(about $40) to decrypt the key. No dealer is needed with this tool. You can use the factory keyfob

I have used this Fortin Brand successfully (with me doing all of the installs for my personal vehicles since 2013) I used this on my 2013 Ram1500, 2017 Ram 1500 and my current 2018 Ram 1500 as well as my older 2011 JK Wrangler.

It is a little complicated and you have to solder 4-5 wires with this JL Wrangler kit but does come with a T Harness, . The instructions are a little confusing, but I now have good experience.

I will soon instal this on my 2018 JL (2 door automatic 3.6l) in the next few weeks (In the mail as we speak). This is my first push to start install but the wiring instructions look very similar to the way I installed it in my Keystart Ram1500. Ill update when I have it installed and working.

I was waiting since August for Fortim to release this, and they sent me an email saying it was just released 1 week ago.

Note: You must get the T harness and it must be updated with the Flashink tool.

Link to Fortin Site:
https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/jeep/wrangler/2018-push-to-start/
i've a 2019 JLU manual Door Lock i wonder if u could help me to install an EVO ,,,i had one on my 2017 JKU ,,,,it was easy to install bc i watched a video on youtube for JLU ,,notthing yet on youtube.
it will be nice if anyone could help.. Again Manual Door Lock,,,,

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This seems like a great option as compared to the mopar part i had installed that cost 3x as much then about same cost to install... Both do same thing but unlike the mopar part you don't have to get dealership to install since it doesn't require any pcm updates to be done... Also, the mopar part doesn't have a way to use a smart phone to start either it would be interesting to see if this product will have it at some point...

Sponsored