Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Thank you, my friend - I did see this the other day at a quick glance.

Anybody have this one?
Sponsored

Rubijon

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did you look at the Roam slimline with mid bull bar? For $500 delivered, it comes with skid plate and winch plate. I like the LOD stubby, but think $800 is alot for a similiar equipped bumper. Also, wanted to ask @1quick1
Here it is:
Vn9GZTM.jpg
Hey bud. Finally got everything installed this morning. It was quite a bit of work to be honest. Nothing an average man can’t handle but it’s not something that you can zip right through. In the end, it was all worth it. I’ll be trsi g everything out next weekend.
C99DB025-ECA3-4AF5-91CF-093869E74A12.jpeg

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Hey bud. Finally got everything installed this morning. It was quite a bit of work to be honest. Nothing an average man can’t handle but it’s not something that you can zip right through. In the end, it was all worth it. I’ll be trsi g everything out next weekend.
C99DB025-ECA3-4AF5-91CF-093869E74A12.jpeg
Very nice! I have been thinking about getting the same bumper. Can you share more images at different angles?

Also, how accessible is the winch through the recess? I’m wondering in case I go mudding and need to clean/rinse the winch.

Looking great!

Rubijon

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! I have been thinking about getting the same bumper. Can you share more images at different angles?

Also, how accessible is the winch through the recess? I’m wondering in case I go mudding and need to clean/rinse the winch.

Looking great!
Thanks TriRice! Let me get some nice weather and I’ll get some more pics up for you. Not gonna lie, the winch is definitely tucked away pretty well. Lots of nooks and crannies for mud to hide for sure. That being said I think my setup is exactly what I was after. Obviously the winch is one of the top units you can buy and the signature midwidth LoD bumper was exactly the one I envisioned. I plan to get out and play this weekend. I’ll try to get some action photos to share.
Talk to you soon and thanks again.
Jon

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Before and after pics of Warn Elite full-width front bumper.

3 hours to install my ass. Maybe 3 if my neighbor hadn't helped - he'd just returned from Oregon...

20190224_170658.jpg
Awesome! That's currently at the top of my list.

How long did it take in total?

I'm guessing it's fairly straightforward... except for perhaps the fog lights.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
IMG_7470.JPG
snapshot_010.jpg

I am loving my Poison Spyder Crawler Bumper w/ Skid.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I wrote Roam the other day. The response was 'still under development (along with a larger skid)' with no release date.[/QUOTE

I called them. I think the fog lights they use are not from the JL they are from a Jeep renegade. They do have them for sale 199.99 and available to order now.

Hahasilly

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Awesome! That's currently at the top of my list.

How long did it take in total?

I'm guessing it's fairly straightforward... except for perhaps the fog lights.
The fog lights took a lot of time to trim and figure out how to mount properly. Lost time to not having the right tools (get deep 18mm and 19mm sockets). Lost time to frequent interruptions and... other factors. This was my first ever bumper replacement so a person more accustomed to vehicle mods could bust it out in a day easily.

Sponsored

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
how do you like the bumper after having it on there a while? looking at this one as well. thanks!
I've had mine on for a couple weeks so far. I like it! I bought the bumper/winch combo. But I had to drill out two of the four holes that mounted the winch to the bumper due to either the winch or bumper holes being misaligned.
The Rubi LED fog lights fit. I would like to fabricate fog light shields for the back side, due to them being exposed now and the front tires can throw mud on them.

20190302_230443.jpg

20190310_161838.jpg

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
ROAM JL Pioneer Front Bumper in clear anodized aluminum: 7050 T-74 clear anodized aluminum pictured.

<Please excuse the side steps and the spare tire, the stainless steel side steps do not yet have the weld heat tint/coloration polished off just yet and the spare tire isn't the same size as the rest of the tires. Also missing the aux LED lights on the rear bumper. Will update with better pictures after EJS 2019.>

<The ROAM JL Pioneer Rear Bumper MK1 includes a Spare Tire Relocation Bracket for compatibility with larger tire sizes.>

ROAM JL Pioneer Front Bumper 01 1920x1080.jpg
ROAM JL Pioneer Front Bumper 02 1920x1080.jpg
ROAM JL Pioneer Front Bumper 03 1920x1080.jpg
ROAM JL Pioneer Rear Bumper 01 - 2560x1920.jpg
ROAM JL Pioneer Rear Bumper 02 1920x1080.jpg