Yeti, ARCTEC and 37s

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
My 19 JLR is on order. I have time, since I'm deployed, before I even can pick it up.... so some questions while I plan my what to do....

1 Can the Yeti steering upgrades go on a stock suspension Rubicon? All I see is them installed after lift.

2 Depending on funds/budget I may have to break things up into reasonable stages.... any suggestion on what is a good way to do that?

Here's what I am thinking as far as the plan;

Winch, winch plate and MOPAR grill and winch guard - Will be first.

Flexible from here;
Wheels and Tires, looking at NITTO Ridge Grapplers 37x13.5s
Yeti Steering components; track bar, tire rod, draglink
MOTOBILT Tire Carrier and relocation bracket
Inner fender liners and DRL kit for trimmed stock fenders
Metalcloak GC 2.5 w/rocksport shocks

I am wondering if doing the liners and such without the lift is plausible if I have to wait to do everything. I really don't want to not have the steering upgrades when doing the tires and by the time I lift. If that makes sense. I could skip the fenders all together and try to do it all at once.

Also....could do the MOPAR or Dynatrac Endurosport lift since I'm doing the YETI steering. So many options.I mention those 2 for 2 reasons;
1 ) Extended warranty mentions 2" lift as the warranty cut off.
2 ) Both are a tuned springs to shocks kit.

Any thoughts? Am I going all mad scientist just to make pudding?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 JLR is on order. I have time, since I'm deployed, before I even can pick it up.... so some questions while I plan my what to do....

1 Can the Yeti steering upgrades go on a stock suspension Rubicon? All I see is them installed after lift.

2 Depending on funds/budget I may have to break things up into reasonable stages.... any suggestion on what is a good way to do that?

Here's what I am thinking as far as the plan;

Winch, winch plate and MOPAR grill and winch guard - Will be first.

Flexible from here;
Wheels and Tires, looking at NITTO Ridge Grapplers 37x13.5s
Yeti Steering components; track bar, tire rod, draglink
MOTOBILT Tire Carrier and relocation bracket
Inner fender liners and DRL kit for trimmed stock fenders
Metalcloak GC 2.5 w/rocksport shocks

I am wondering if doing the liners and such without the lift is plausible if I have to wait to do everything. I really don't want to not have the steering upgrades when doing the tires and by the time I lift. If that makes sense. I could skip the fenders all together and try to do it all at once.

Also....could do the MOPAR or Dynatrac Endurosport lift since I'm doing the YETI steering. So many options.I mention those 2 for 2 reasons;
1 ) Extended warranty mentions 2" lift as the warranty cut off.
2 ) Both are a tuned springs to shocks kit.

Any thoughts? Am I going all mad scientist just to make pudding?
Sounds like a good plan, the only thing Iā€™d switch up is doing anything to fenders until you try it first, you might get away with just trimming here or there, save some money up front, then can always delete or change out inner liners later.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok.... just got back from the trail, trying to see where these 37s are going to riub. Iā€™m on a Mopar lift and the only place I rubbed is the back of the rear wheels. The inner fender on the bottom section and about 2 ā€œā€˜ on section above it . Front wheels no problems. You can see in pics the part Iā€™m talking about. So Iā€™m gonna hit my 4x4 shop and have them make me a flat piece for the bottom and Iā€™ll just heat the other section and flatten it out. So youā€™ll definitely need to do some modifications with no lift and 37s. So much for waiting and see if your going to rub, lol, you might move fenders to the front of your list. :)

98F537D7-7C43-4305-B987-29E8C3A713A7.jpeg
CD441E41-E5BA-4A20-BA6C-5D33F4227EFE.jpeg
5E5D0FA8-92AA-4952-A571-165FE8AF11BF.jpeg
F275A772-5C80-463A-A0E6-5DFBA0FBD46E.jpeg
35825C31-3F51-482F-AD58-7B945F26464B.jpeg

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
As you air down (perhaps half of street air pressure), does it make the rear tire rubbing worse (more) or better (less) ?

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Good question, I havenā€™t had the need to air down yet, so I canā€™t answer that.
If you had kept the rear fender piece in, and allowed it to rub, would it have torn it off, or simply rubbed?
I will have the same setup as you in a month and wonder if a little rubbing back there is that big of a deal?
I typically wheel once a month ā€¦.

Sponsored

Maxfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Iā€™ve seen where heat from a heat gun can soften up that area enough to push it in. May give you the clearance you need.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Ok.... just got back from the trail, trying to see where these 37s are going to riub. Iā€™m on a Mopar lift and the only place I rubbed is the back of the rear wheels. The inner fender on the bottom section and about 2 ā€œā€˜ on section above it . Front wheels no problems. You can see in pics the part Iā€™m talking about. So Iā€™m gonna hit my 4x4 shop and have them make me a flat piece for the bottom and Iā€™ll just heat the other section and flatten it out. So youā€™ll definitely need to do some modifications with no lift and 37s. So much for waiting and see if your going to rub, lol, you might move fenders to the front of your list. :)

98F537D7-7C43-4305-B987-29E8C3A713A7.jpeg
CD441E41-E5BA-4A20-BA6C-5D33F4227EFE.jpeg
5E5D0FA8-92AA-4952-A571-165FE8AF11BF.jpeg
F275A772-5C80-463A-A0E6-5DFBA0FBD46E.jpeg
35825C31-3F51-482F-AD58-7B945F26464B.jpeg
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Very helpful in the planning. You are running 37x12.5, or equivalent? I am looking at 13.5s, which is one reason I am looking and the inners.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Yes Iā€™m 37/12.50, not sure if 13.50 will rub worse or not. Might depend on type of rims you run, offset and backspace. Mine are -12 offset and 4.5 inch backspace.
Yeah, I am thinking -18mm and 4,5" backspacing. I THINK that should center the wheel, but that leaves a half inch in and out. That's where the inner fenders thought was born lol.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Looks like you might have to do at least 2ā€ lift, unless youā€™re not going to wheel it much.
Part of it is not knowing where I will stationed yet. If I am still in NC/VA, then that would be more of a lift need than other places. I do plan on driving it for a bit first since this will be my first Jeep, first straight axle, etc. I know in NC it gets muddy easy, so I will need wheel turn more than articulation more times than not. I know, I should go skinnier tires with mud and snow.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Offset is from the center of the hub mounting surface in or out, bacspacing is from the inside of the wheel to the hub surface. Those numbers are not interchangeable. So if a wheel an 8ā€ winde and is -12 with 4.5 inches backspacing then it canā€™t be 8ā€ wide with negative -18 and still have 4.5ā€ bacspacing.
Hopefully this helps.
(Donā€™t crucify me in the math, itā€™s just an example)

Sponsored

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Copy that, at least youā€™re going about it the right way, by asking questions and doing research. This will help you spend your money wisely when the time comes.
And, making Jeep friends! What good is building it if you can't drive it? If you have never run a trail, it helps to know someone.... it's all connected lol

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Offset is from the center of the hub mounting surface in or out, bacspacing is from the inside of the wheel to the hub surface. Those numbers are not interchangeable. So if a wheel an 8ā€ winde and is -12 with 4.5 inches backspacing then it canā€™t be 8ā€ wide with negative -18 and still have 4.5ā€ bacspacing.
Hopefully this helps.
(Donā€™t crucify me in the math, itā€™s just an example)
Did I saw -18? Sorry, that is on the 9.5" or 10" wide I think. I meant -12 at 4.5. If I needed it "pushed out" with a 9" wheel I think it would have to be 4.75 w/ -18 or something....but could do small spacer also.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Copy that, at least youā€™re going about it the right way, by asking questions and doing research. This will help you spend your money wisely when the time comes.
Found this tool that really helped give the visual. Looks like a lift is in order no matter what, but the inner fenders are probably going to help also. I know I can trim, but that leaves areas open to dirt and debris that I don't want.

Capture.PNG

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Yep! What inner fenders you looking at??
Really liking the ARCTEC Freedom Editions. Price wise they are better than the DV8s, which surprised me. I anticipate ARCTEC to be a better product. I am still looking at others, but some of them are just way up there for no god reason....that I can tell.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Really liking the ARCTEC Freedom Editions. Price wise they are better than the DV8s, which surprised me. I anticipate ARCTEC to be a better product. I am still looking at others, but some of them are just way up there for no god reason....that I can tell.
Depending on your lift, you might get away with just back ones. Thatā€™s the only place Iā€™m rubbing, and even that isnā€™t real bad, as you can see in pics, It just sounds like youā€™re tearing off whole side of your rig, lol! Sounds worse than it is, Iā€™m going to reshape the one spot with heat gun, and fab something flat for piece I took off first, see how that works/looks and if donā€™t like it Iā€™ll probably go with artec.
Sponsored