Tazer JL Lite (Wrong VIN)

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Just got my Tazer and updated it and went to marry it to my Jeep and it immediately said wrong vin. Sent a message to the text line and am I’m waiting for a response. In the mean time thought I would see if anyone else had this issue and knew of a fix. I bought directly from zautomotive and not from anywhere else so I wouldn’t think I would have got one that was still married to another Jeep.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
From my understanding if you get a wrong VIN number the taser was married to another vehicle and never unmarried, I’m sure it’s an easy fix

OP
OP
Means2212

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
So just in case someone comes across this. After talking with ZAutomotive on their text line they ended up giving me some ideas of things to try. None ended up working and he eventually worked with me on wiping the firmware and remotely updated everything. For my troubles he gave me a free upgrade to a Mini JL as well. Needless to say after everything it works flawlessly. I’m excited to see what else I can do with it as I hadn’t really even thought of the mini as an option. 5/5 stars from me with customer service.

Edited because I can’t spell good.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Means2212

Well, activation code to activate a Lite to a Mini, costs $125.00.

Good to hear Joe, did that for you. His customer service is tops to say the least..

Joe really gives a shit to say the least. He really takes pride in things.. I'm sure he was real displeased that you had the issue.

You are going to truly enjoy all the pluses of having a Mini.

Sponsored