New TazerMini, how to first steps?

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
got a new tazer mini, read instructions for the windows app and the install. not yet installed. connected to windows pc, app only lists light show as available to configure (but it isn't installed in jeep either so this may be normal). It reads the device as a TazerJL instead of a TazerMini- (is this normal?). So the questions is, do I have to somehow active this (no code provided) like mentioned here in other posts despite it being a Mini with full features? If so, how do I get a code. I just want to resolve this question before I update to 11.0.8 and then install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
got a new tazer mini, read instructions for the windows app and the install. not yet installed. connected to windows pc, app only lists light show as available to configure (but it isn't installed in jeep either so this may be normal). It reads the device as a TazerJL instead of a TazerMini- (is this normal?). So the questions is, do I have to somehow active this (no code provided) like mentioned here in other posts despite it being a Mini with full features? If so, how do I get a code. I just want to resolve this question before I update to 11.0.8 and then install.
OK, no response. no worries, I got through it. there really is no overview of the jeep display vs the computer connection, what you do first, etc. " so it seems you only need to computer connection if activating with a code or updating to a new version, or you want to alter the light show settings. Anyway, got it setup.

Last edited:

salty821

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
OK, no response. no worries, I got through it. the instructions seem to assume alot, eg. using "EVIC" with no explanation. there really is no overview of the jeep display vs the computer connection, what you do first, etc. " so it seems you only need to computer connection if activating with a code or updating to a new version, or you want to alter the light show settings. Anyway, got it setup.
I just got my Tazer lite yesterday as well. You really only need the PC app to update it or if you want to program a custom light show. Other than that, just install it in your Jeep and enjoy.

It worked great for me.

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I just got my Tazer lite yesterday as well. You really only need the PC app to update it or if you want to program a custom light show. Other than that, just install it in your Jeep and enjoy.

It worked great for me.
Correct. I think Joe is going to include an overview that discusses stuff like that in the instructions.

Last edited:

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Just got my Tazerjl Mini, got most needs programmed including button remap for Lightshow shortcut but I can't figure out the hood alarm. Probably overlooking but can anyone help?
Thanks

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Just got my Tazerjl Mini, got most needs programmed including button remap for Lightshow shortcut but I can't figure out the hood alarm. Probably overlooking but can anyone help?
Thanks
How did you remap a button for the lightshow? For the life of me, I cannot figure that out. Thanks!

Sponsored

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How did you remap a button for the lightshow? For the life of me, I cannot figure that out. Thanks!
Button Remap: This function allows the assignment of “hotkeys” for quick access to some of the Tazer’s
functions. The cruise +/-/RES may be used for this function. While the dash is in Audio mode, press and
hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap. The choices are: Any of the 8 light
shows, backup cameras, line lock, rock crawl, TC kill, Cooldown, Front/Rear/Front+Rear Lockers,
SwayKill. Keep in mind that not all functions pertain to all vehicles. These remap buttons will only
program and operate while Cruise Control is OFF. When Cruise is on, they will operate as normal cruise
control buttons. For TC Kill, a vehicle restart is required to bring the system back to normal. For
Lockers, the normal Locker off button disengages the lock.

Hope this helps.

Happy Jeeping,

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Button Remap: This function allows the assignment of “hotkeys” for quick access to some of the Tazer’s
functions. The cruise +/-/RES may be used for this function. While the dash is in Audio mode, press and
hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap. The choices are: Any of the 8 light
shows, backup cameras, line lock, rock crawl, TC kill, Cooldown, Front/Rear/Front+Rear Lockers,
SwayKill. Keep in mind that not all functions pertain to all vehicles. These remap buttons will only
program and operate while Cruise Control is OFF. When Cruise is on, they will operate as normal cruise
control buttons. For TC Kill, a vehicle restart is required to bring the system back to normal. For
Lockers, the normal Locker off button disengages the lock.

Hope this helps.

Happy Jeeping,

Mike
Thanks! I was trying this, but had the engine running. I finally dried it, with no engine running and it worked... THANKS!