Sponsored

San Antonio area wheeling this weekend

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Since nobody else has responded....

Ride up 281, even though it's an hour and a half and go visit Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls. Hit Bluebonnet in town for breakfast, hit Double Horn for a Cowboy burger and a beer on the way out of town. I know it's less than ideal, as I'm sure that there have to be some places in San Antonio that are worth it, but damned if I know what they are....most folks I know there come up to Hidden Falls, or made the even longer drive over to K2 in Mason.

(Figured an answer that is not ideal might still be better than no answer at all! When it's the weekend...gotta wheel, right?):)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I'm in San Antonio and there isn't many places to go but there is a few smaller locations in Boerne

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hidden falls is a bunch of fun! If you stay in San Antonio eat at Alamo cafe! Lindsay and I grew up in SA and will make the drive over there for their queso and tortillas

Brett

Sponsored

MoquitoVerde

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Rain in the forecast for the morning, nice day afterwards (9-10am is when it should stop).
I want to go wheelin on Saturday and can't find anyone to join up with.
If you see a Mojito Rubicon that'll probably be me.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Rain in the forecast for the morning, nice day afterwards (9-10am is when it should stop).
I want to go wheelin on Saturday and can't find anyone to join up with.
If you see a Mojito Rubicon that'll probably be me.
I'd like to join some experienced off-road jeeples sometime (I can't go today, ug) if they don't mind helping a noob learn the ropes. Stock 2-door Rubi from ATX. Heading to Big Bend in a few weeks to check out a few of the back roads, gotta start somewhere!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ended up going to Hidden Falls for a few hours this afternoon. Only easy trails but lots of fun.

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
AJP hosts a "Stocker" day at hidden falls to help us noobs learn the ropes. Can't wait to get our there when my jeep gets here.

I think Baldy's jeep shop also hosts a class once every couple of months four the same reason.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
AJP hosts a "Stocker" day at hidden falls to help us noobs learn the ropes. Can't wait to get our there when my jeep gets here.

I think Baldy's jeep shop also hosts a class once every couple of months four the same reason.
Thank you for pointing out the AJP and Baldy's events. I looked on the AJP website, but no noob events on it at the moment. Nothing on Baldy's site right now, either. But I'll keep checking it, thanks again.

Sponsored

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
2gnJi8FAOBe2wnIlHWWGzZCyzdR3QGd4xxayzpbFDmXcxTphDRnRJjSgy_HFGo-3aX0pCH1DV8KF0sUhRxVwmjZ0Yw=w2400.jpg

I didn't think that I'd be going out to Hidden Falls on Saturday. Having dropped off the Jeep for some work (ProCharger install and more) I figured there would not be a point. However....got lucky with a Jeep for the wife to drive, and I just worked on pictures. Talk about the perfect day, 80 degrees, sunshine, and it was as busy as I've seen it out there in a while. I hope everyone did have fun, and at some point, we should put together a group from here to get together and spend a day in the park.

Yes...that picture of the guy on helicopter, he was working on the power lines....had to take the picture, because that's a couple of jobs that I dont think I'd be that interested in doing.

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Get on facebook and join the Texas Overland group. They have lots of MAP FILES with Trailer and public dirt roads throughout texas. One of the favorites is a RIVER AND HILLS route that goes along west San Antonio. Very pretty.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Get on facebook and join the Texas Overland group. They have lots of MAP FILES with Trailer and public dirt roads throughout texas. One of the favorites is a RIVER AND HILLS route that goes along west San Antonio. Very pretty.
Thanks I appreciate the info, but I don’t have Facebook or any other social media and don’t plan to. Any way to take advantage of this without Facebook? It sounds really cool. Could you provide it to me if you have access?

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks I appreciate the info, but I don’t have Facebook or any other social media and don’t plan to. Any way to take advantage of this without Facebook? It sounds really cool. Could you provide it to me if you have access?
https://expeditionportal.com/overland-routes-the-texas-hill-country/

If you are interested, that's a pretty neat trail to run. It can take as long as you like, but I've seen many groups (20-40 Jeeps) do it in 7-8 hours from start to finish, and it is a gorgeous drive.
Sponsored