Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
upload_2019-2-23_16-10-16.jpeg
I have read reviews after reviews on all sorts of tires and I'm going to try this tire: Dick Cepek Extreme Country in 35 X 12.5 X 17 D(8 ply). I just ordered them and will have them installed on my Jeep next week. According to several websites (manufacturer's included) they weigh 63 lbs. So with my current Quadratec '41 wheels and this tire, my total weight will be less than 90 lbs per wheel/tire. I ordered these from 4wheel parts and with rebates they come to about $220 per tire. I will post pictures once they are mounted and will provide a review of this tire (probably create a separate thread) for initial impressions, and update it after several mileage intervals.

Update 02/28/2019: I had these installed on my Jeep this afternoon and drove about 35 miles home on freeway and state highway. These are definitely a little louder than BF Goodrich KO2, but that is expected. Yet, they are not crazy loud given that they have large gaps between the lugs on the outside third of the tires. I drove home with tire pressure at about 37 pounds. I am going to do a chalk test to see if the air pressure needs to come down some. At highway speeds the transmission still shifted into 8th gear. My initial impression is that these are great mud tires that initially have good manners on the road. They are not so heavy that the transmission still shifts into 8th on the freeway. I will update again after several more miles are on them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I sure wish I had read this before purchasing tires. I have 35 x 12.5 x 18 Ridge Grapplers that come in at 115 pounds each on Black Rhino Razorbacks. I hope the Jeep can handle it.
How you feel after some time with the weight does it do ok for you? Catch all the gears on the highway.

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
upload_2019-2-23_16-10-16.jpeg
I have read reviews after reviews on all sorts of tires and I'm going to try this tire: Dick Cepek Extreme Country in 35 X 12.5 X 17 D(8 ply). I just ordered them and will have them installed on my Jeep next week. According to several websites (manufacturer's included) they weigh 63 lbs. So with my current Quadratec '41 wheels and this tire, my total weight will be less than 90 lbs per wheel/tire. I ordered these from 4wheel parts and with rebates they come to about $220 per tire. I will post pictures once they are mounted and will provide a review of this tire (probably create a separate thread) for initial impressions, and update it after several mileage intervals.

Update 02/28/2019: I had these installed on my Jeep this afternoon and drove about 35 miles home on freeway and state highway. These are definitely a little louder than BF Goodrich KO2, but that is expected. Yet, they are not crazy loud given that they have large gaps between the lugs on the outside third of the tires. I drove home with tire pressure at about 37 pounds. I am going to do a chalk test to see if the air pressure needs to come down some. At highway speeds the transmission still shifted into 8th gear. My initial impression is that these are great mud tires that initially have good manners on the road. They are not so heavy that the transmission still shifts into 8th on the freeway. I will update again after several more miles are on them.
What is the chalk test?

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@AucturitasJones the chalk test is a method to determine how your tire tread contacts the pavement. Its used to determine where to set your tire pressure. Simply color a section of your tire tread with chalk on all four tires. Find a place to drive about 100 feet forward and then backward to where you started. Then look at the chalked tires and if the chalk is worn across the whole tread you have the air pressure set.

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
If I put 295/70r18 on my Sahara with a RC 2.5 lift will they fit? I think those tires equaled like 34.6 or something ..I’m more worried about the width.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Hello all! I just purchased a 2019 Moab and am looking to change out the tires and maybe put a small lift on. I had a 2012 JK Sahara and put 33" KO2 and a Teraflex leveling lift on that and I liked the look just perfect. I am going to be more concerned with on road ride as I won't do any hardcore off-roading but I do drive on some ranch land that I own and will be on some really poor gravel roads from time to time.

Any suggestions as to whether a Teraflex Leveling lift and the 33s will give me a similar look to my JK or has something changed enough with the JL over the JK to change the look? Maybe the Duratracs this time around? Thanks in advance!

CompoBBQ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
An odd question, but can the 315/70R17 wheels fit without a lift or spacers? I've got an '18 JLUR with no lift.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all! I just purchased a 2019 Moab and am looking to change out the tires and maybe put a small lift on. I had a 2012 JK Sahara and put 33" KO2 and a Teraflex leveling lift on that and I liked the look just perfect. I am going to be more concerned with on road ride as I won't do any hardcore off-roading but I do drive on some ranch land that I own and will be on some really poor gravel roads from time to time.

Any suggestions as to whether a Teraflex Leveling lift and the 33s will give me a similar look to my JK or has something changed enough with the JL over the JK to change the look? Maybe the Duratracs this time around? Thanks in advance!
Mine has (2) .5 inch Teraflex spacers in the front, and .5 inch spacer on the back. Below is the before with 285/75R17 (33.8 x 11.2) Ridge Grapplers on The factory MOAB wheels. The after is 35x12.5R17s Micky Thompson Baja ATZ that measure about 34.6 x 12.6.
I had the Ridge Grapplers on before the lift and had no rubbing issues. Hope this helps.

A0B17534-F81F-42E9-9F00-1E57395B19A6.png

BDCB0B98-B5B7-4F34-8185-62D79855EC0D.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
That does help a lot. Now I am thinking I might want to go 35s :) but I am thinking leveling on top of your first pic would be perfect for what I’m looking for.

Did you recalibrate your speedo and have to realign your headlights (due to the “leveling”) at all? I never did on my 2012 and I got “flashed” a lot since I guess the lights were tilted up more than normal?

I appreciate you sharing those pics! Helps a great deal! Also confirms my choice of at least bumping up to 33s. How are you feeling about your choice of the Moab after some time?

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
is anyone running Interco TRXUS MT tires? that's what I ran on my YJ/XJ and really liked them, its been a while just wondering what the quality is like with them now?

Sponsored

Pjackct

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
Mine has (2) .5 inch Teraflex spacers in the front, and .5 inch spacer on the back. Below is the before with 285/75R17 (33.8 x 11.2) Ridge Grapplers on The factory MOAB wheels. The after is 35x12.5R17s Micky Thompson Baja ATZ that measure about 34.6 x 12.6.
I had the Ridge Grapplers on before the lift and had no rubbing issues. Hope this helps.

A0B17534-F81F-42E9-9F00-1E57395B19A6.png

BDCB0B98-B5B7-4F34-8185-62D79855EC0D.jpeg
No lift?

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The first picture there is no lift. Straight MOAB on Rubicon suspension.

The bottom one there is a total of 1” on the front and 1/2 inch in the back. Just a poor mans lift that was accomplished with @TeraFlex spacers that cost about $50 total. I’m doing the 2” Dynatrac lift tomorrow that I purchased through @Quadratec (love those dudes, especially Kevin).

That all make sense @Pjackct?

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That does help a lot. Now I am thinking I might want to go 35s :) but I am thinking leveling on top of your first pic would be perfect for what I’m looking for.

Did you recalibrate your speedo and have to realign your headlights (due to the “leveling”) at all? I never did on my 2012 and I got “flashed” a lot since I guess the lights were tilted up more than normal?

I appreciate you sharing those pics! Helps a great deal! Also confirms my choice of at least bumping up to 33s. How are you feeling about your choice of the Moab after some time?
I did recalibrate the speedo with the Flashcal I purchased through @Quadratec. I’d reccomend it as the JL seems a lot more sensitive than any other Jeep I’ve ever owned.
I never adjusted my headlights, and have yet to be flashed. I suppose I should, maybe I will after I install my Dynatrac 2” lift tomorrow.
As of today I have 4,600 miles on my 18 MOAB and would not change it. I have owned Rubicons in the past, and I’ve never had a need to use my lockers. A base sport would meet my off road needs, I just like the bells and whistles of my MOAB.
I live on Long Island so I spend lots of time in traffic moving slow being comfortable

Pjackct

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
The first picture there is no lift. Straight MOAB on Rubicon suspension.

The bottom one there is a total of 1” on the front and 1/2 inch in the back. Just a poor mans lift that was accomplished with @TeraFlex spacers that cost about $50 total. I’m doing the 2” Dynatrac lift tomorrow that I purchased through @Quadratec (love those dudes, especially Kevin).

That all make sense @Pjackct?
Did you have to replace the 3rd tail light?

ebt77

First Name
redquatquat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Hi,

I am curious to know why such weight difference between theses 2 BFG KM3 35'' tires :

- LT 315/70R17 : 65.8 lbs
- LT 35X12.50R17 : 74.4 lbs

And what would be the reason to choose one over the other ?

Thanks
Sponsored