Question. ZAutomotive unresponsive

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
maybe someone will know this. ZAutomotive has not returned my emails.

If I buy the TazerJL mini, will it come with the latest version installed? I don’t have anyway to update it myself.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
maybe someone will know this. ZAutomotive has not returned my emails.

If I buy the TazerJL mini, will it come with the latest version installed? I don’t have anyway to update it myself.
@irishtim7
@joe@zauto

First off, I do not work for ZAutomotive... but ....

I communicated with Joe yesterday morning asking him the same question. He replied back to me in less then 10 minutes. I'm not sure how you tried to contact him.. Joe is always pretty quick to reply unless he is programming, etc.

The Tazer JL Mini that ships directly from ZAutomotive , usually ships with the current firmware release.

ZAutomotive just released new final release firmware 11.0.8 on 3/6/19. (4 days ago)

Anyway, Joe, told me yesterday, in a correspondence, that Tazer JL units leaving ZAutomotive toward the end of next week should have final release firmware 11.08 on them.

So, If you order during the very later part of next week you probably will get a Tazer JL Mini with firmware 11.08 on it. IF not and you order sooner, you would have a greater chance of getting a unit with final release firmware 11.0.6 on it.

Do know that the Tazer JL Mini comes with a USB cable and updating the firmware is easy easy, in the future when new firmware updates become available. ZAutomotive does not charge for any firmware updates that they make available.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
@Rhinebeck01

Appreciate the info. I just used their website contact form. Not a big deal. Reason I was asking is my laptop is a work computer and is locked for software installs and not because I think updating is difficult. Just don’t want to have to go out and buy a laptop just to get the thing to work if you know what I mean.

Thanks again.

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
Ordered directly from zautomotive, charged account immediately May 16, 2019. Email shown order received, FedEx 2 day shipment. Now June 10, 2019, multiple messages to webpage contact page, no response. Initiated debit dispute on credit card for failure to deliver and/or reply to contacts.