Sponsored

JLURT on 38s, 2.5" RK X-Factor Lift, Addictive Desert Designs Armor, Rusty's & Fuel Zephyr D100

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
Hello Jeepsters,

I wanted to log my first Jeep build and first vehicle build from the ground up. This will be my first attempt at actually detailing the modifications done as I go on any vehicle I've owned before. I'm not a expert nor professional blogger, so please bare with me. I just want to share the love and passion we have for our Jeeps and the little knowledge I did learn building my rig with you guys and gals.

I'll be editing, adding and removing information as I go.

Main Info:
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 8-Speed 2.0T in Firecracker Red

To the guys and gals that want to get straight to the mods:

Suspension:
2.5in Rock Krawler X-Factor Lift Kit (powdered coated "Candy Apple Red")
Paired With 3.3 Falcon Shocks 2.5 to 4 inch (set to 3:1 for softest setting)
& 2.2 Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer. (set to hard)

Tires:
38x13.5R17 C Load Patagonia Milestars at 29PSI (Will try 27PSI)

Wheels:
Fuel D100 Beadlock wheels, 17x9in -38 offset. Candy Apple Red

Exterior:
Addictive Desert Designs Rock Fighter Winch Front Bumper
Addictive Desert Designs Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper
Addictive Desert Designs Rock Fighters Front Fenders
Addictive Desert Designs Rock Fighters Rear Fenders
Nemesis Aluminum Inner Fenders
Rusty's Tire Carrier
13" Stubby Antenna
30% Tints On Passenger Windows 50% On Front Window

Lights; Winch:
Front Bumper, 2x Rough Country Black Series LED Cree Cube lights
Front Bumper, 20" Curved Rigid Radiance LED Cree Light Bar
Front Bumper, 9500LBS Rough Country Syndicate Rope Winch With Red Factor 55 Winch Shackle
Hood, Rough Country Black Series 30" Single Row LED Cree Light Bar
Hood, B Pillar Mount, Rigid Radiance LED Cree Light Cube W/ Red Lense Cover
Rear Bumper, Rigid Radiance LED Cree Cube LIghts

Next mods:
Tire carrier; I'm looking into a tire carrier that will work off the hinges while having the ability to carry 38's with a very small footprint.
Inner Liners; I'm looking for a clean look which fits the 3.3 Falcon Shocks. Nemesis might have the inner fender I'm seeking.
Regearing 4.10s; I'm trying to decide between 4.88s or 5.13 gears, leaning towards 5.13s.
TazerMini; ECU management.

Overall Impressions:
Well, what can I say? She drives better then I'd imagine, I believe the combination of Rock Krawler's triple rate coil springs, the adjustability of the 3.3 Falcon Shocks, along with the 2.2 Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer and the C load range of the Patagonia Milestar 38s with the Fuel's D100 -38 offset made it feel more planted and drive better than stock. She also tracks as good as OEM. Which isn't much to talk about. I currently have the 3.3 Falcon set to the softest setting 1:1 because, well...... it made it feel like a old school caddy without the uncertain bounce of the suspension. The return response is crisp and clean if you will and overall very smooth like silk.

Power delivery is off due to gearing with the 38s. While it's definitely not needed, I for one do notice the difference and will upgrade my gears to retain factory gearing or even have shorter gearing as it has quite a few overdrive gears. It is perfectly drivable for now, just not as great as factory. The power from the 2.0T spins these tires like a champ. I have no concerns in that department when it come to the ability of the 2.0T. Gas miles is right at 16 mpg city driving.

Please feel free to comment, inquire, give feedback or ask questions on the build.

Thank you for looking.

Here is rolling footage of her in motion. The pictures just doesn't do her any justice:

Some Still Photos:
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

rsz_img_5059.jpg

rsz_img_5051.jpg

rsz_img_5075.jpg

rsz_img_5051.jpg

I decided to try and take some night shots with Rigid Radiance red back lights on. I'm still learning how to use a camera, if it's not obvious by my photos. :CWL:
IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good, how do you like the fenders, how much added clearance did they give? I have the RK 2.5 Flex System and am leaning towards the Patagonia 38’s as well.

OP
OP
JlURT

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
Looking good, how do you like the fenders, how much added clearance did they give? I have the RK 2.5 Flex System and am leaning towards the Patagonia 38’s as well.

Thank you, I really like how it's coming together so far. I really love the fenders. Something different and has functionality of running bigger tires with the 2.5in lift. I haven't tested out the suspension yet but I have plans set when spring break arrives.

ADD states you can run 40s on a 2in Mopar lift with these fenders. It appears to be around 2inch more inches of clearance over the Rubicon fenders. I don't have actual measurements unfortunately.

I have no regret on the Patagonias so far. They ride really good for what they are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JlURT

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
Without further ado, the new Rusty's tire carrier has been installed. The tire carrier is very high in quality, corporates the factory camera location while moving the 3rd brake light behind the spare wheel. This was perfect for my need as I didn't want to use a bracket for my license plate and/or camera covering my spare tire. There is no rattles what so ever or movements for that matter. I have a lot of confidence in this tire carrier for off road use. I haven't had a chance to use the tire carrier off road. However, I do have pictures from an off road trip below before the tire carrier was installed. I do have more installs to come.

Thank you for looking.

20190403_192823.jpg

20190408_154849.jpg

20190408_155030.jpg

20190408_155416.jpg

20190408_155550.jpg

rsz_0l9a0049.jpg

rsz_0l9a0051.jpg

rsz_10l9a0048.jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Love everything except those fenders. The front look like someone cut off a factory fender at the front and set it on top of a flat fender. That's just me otherwise it's beautiful.

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
very cool congrats! we are running a lot of the same products. I wholeheartedly agree with you on how the 2.0 drives with that suspension and tires...I have no real complaints but will still be swapping to 5.13's next week.

GV-4458.jpg

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
All good, but no offense, those fenders are just plain hideous...

Love the rest, especially the front bumpers!!.

Last edited:

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
That spare tire carrier looks really nice. Do you have a link to it by chance??

Besutiful build. I’m not a huge fan of the fenders either but that’s just me
I know Morris off road carries it and I believe it's $699. I'm going with the Rugged Ridge aluminum carrier that's 100% bolt on $399. You should check it out. They say it's good up to 39" tire.