What does on the road to dealer mean

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
That’s a dang good question. I should have re ordered long ago but was hopeful. Now I’m uncertain what is going to happen. I was told I’d get a call from the agent that gave me a case number with Jeep Cares and as i type no call or email. I just don’t get it!
You can always cancel your order and save a ton of money going outside of Colorado. I’m 10 minutes from Perkins and saved $8k off MSRP ordering from Kent @ Peterson’s Stampede in ID.

It took 6 weeks and arrived exactly how I wanted it. I’m guessing Perkins sat on your order until they needed inventory.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can always cancel your order and save a ton of money going outside of Colorado. I’m 10 minutes from Perkins and saved $8k off MSRP ordering from Kent @ Peterson’s Stampede in ID.

It took 6 weeks and arrived exactly how I wanted it. I’m guessing Perkins sat on your order until they needed inventory.
You got about 16% off MSRP? Really? And everyone else considers 12% off the best available. You could make a fortune travelling doing seminars on how to negotiate.

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
Here is what Jeep Cares told me tonight...

5D2283BC-6ED2-4E4E-BD1E-2349A4000F0A.png

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
You got about 16% off MSRP? Really? And everyone else considers 12% off the best available. You could make a fortune travelling doing seminars on how to negotiate.
The best was no negotiation. That’s just how it is when you surf this forum enough. Lots of good info here on how to get the best deal. Called, ordered, went and picked it up. In and out in no time. Never going to buy new again from anywhere else.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
What was your MSRP?

Makes sense though - I was above $8k off with finance kick back but leasing instead.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
New update.

Got a response from a Mike MacDonald with FCA Executive Referrals Manager. The Jeep has a new ETA of March 25th. I am blown away! I don’t believe they truly know where the heck the Jeep is. I was hoping that when i emailed Mike Manley something positive would happen. I’m going to have to start looking at dealer supplies on hand. I have little faith that my ordered Jeep will show. If it shows up the 25th that would make 5 months! I do t want to order another one due to this situation.

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
New update.

Got a response from a Mike MacDonald with FCA Executive Referrals Manager. The Jeep has a new ETA of March 25th. I am blown away! I don’t believe they truly know where the heck the Jeep is. I was hoping that when i emailed Mike Manley something positive would happen. I’m going to have to start looking at dealer supplies on hand. I have little faith that my ordered Jeep will show. If it shows up the 25th that would make 5 months! I do t want to order another one due to this situation.
That's a really crummy deal to have to wait that long. The dealer should be able to look it up in the Rubicon VLS and tell you where it is. At this point, I'd be demanding that they email you screen shots of the tracking info. If they can't do that, then I'd say cancel the order and make them place a rush order or go to a new dealer and have them place you a new order.

It's terrible because you're so close to the new ETA, but we've all seen those ETA's shift with no explanation, so I can understand not having faith in them. I'd also respond to Mike MacDonald and let him know your concerns and doubts and that you're thinking of cancelling the order unless someone can give you evidence of where your jeep is and that it will in fact arrive on the expected date.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mike can't guarantee exactly when it will arrive because FCA doesn't have complete control of transport. He can designate it a hot vehicle like mine and that generally helps but he doesn't control train scheduling, when they get sidetracked, wheree the train goes to pickup and drop cars, when a truck is available to pick it up at the drop or which stops the truck makes. But he or theb dealer can look at RVLS and say where and when the last scan was and what the comouter says the new ETA is.

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after 127 days the Jeep has arrived and going to get it today. Holy moly!! I hope no one has to have that kind of wait.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
My company has ordered a Rubicon. We placed the order November 2. Today is February 2. It seems like a lengthy time for delivery to me. But maybe not. Called the dealer and was told that there was delays in shipping. We were hoping for an arrival time of January 20th as that was the dealers estimated date of arrival. We turned in a leased vehicle in hopes of everything working out of getting into the new Jeep but it’s not here yet. I called Jeep Cares which they looked it up and advised that it’s on the road to the dealer. Couldn’t give me a location. Am i overthinking this?
Yes.

OP
OP

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)