Bestop magnetic sun shade??

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Cassie@bestop: Was just watching the Quadratec video of “new” Bestop products for JL that was posted to YouTube in May, 2018. One product featured was a magnetic/velcro fastening sunshade (not the retractable one). It’s still not offered on your website some 9 months later; nor is the retractable one. Are they going to be up for sale??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Cassie@bestop: Was just watching the Quadratec video of “new” Bestop products for JL that was posted to YouTube in May, 2018. One product featured was a magnetic/velcro fastening sunshade (not the retractable one). It’s still not offered on your website some 9 months later; nor is the retractable one. Are they going to be up for sale??
I'm impatiently waiting for the retractable shade myself.

Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Hey all - please go cast your vote here if you are interested in the Retractable Sunshade:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-retractable-sunshade.30205/

CassieAtBestop
I did and do want it before the end of summer. But more than that soft doors and uppers!!! Do you have a rough ETA for any of these JL products? My intrest is in the retractable sun visor ( hopefully color options) The soft doors upper and lowers. Ive held off buying half doors because i want uppers too. We have way to many pop up rain storms for me to just run half doors without uppers. Trek top Pro would be nice too..just saying.. I have money waiting Bestop!!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Did you sign up for our mailing list on the website? We will be email out updates and i will be posting here.

I did and do want it before the end of summer. But more than that soft doors and uppers!!! Do you have a rough ETA for any of these JL products? My intrest is in the retractable sun visor ( hopefully color options) The soft doors upper and lowers. Ive held off buying half doors because i want uppers too. We have way to many pop up rain storms for me to just run half doors without uppers. Trek top Pro would be nice too..just saying.. I have money waiting Bestop!!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
You realize their half doors and soft uppers are $3000, you could buy 10 sets of EAG doors or almost 4 sets of Rugged Ridge doors for that $$$. While they are very nice they are way over priced. I am sure Bestop is not rushing them out as demand will be very low due to cost

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
You realize their half doors and soft uppers are $3000, you could buy 10 sets of EAG doors or almost 4 sets of Rugged Ridge doors for that $$$. While they are very nice they are way over priced. I am sure Bestop is not rushing them out as demand will be very low due to cost
Soft lowers and Uppers like they have for the Jk. Those doors are shown in the Quadratec video . The element Jk doors weren’t 3g. Their newest offerings are core metal doors and is 3g+....RR ain’t an option for me cause it’s made in China, and past experiences. I try to buy all my aftermarket stuff from USA vendors and products made here as well. You get what ya pay for most times.

Check out post #4 in this thread it has the video of the soft doors and shade and element doors..

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Soft lowers and Uppers like they have for the Jk. Those doors are shown in the Quadratec video . The element Jk doors weren’t 3g. Their newest offerings are core metal doors and is 3g+....RR ain’t an option for me cause it’s made in China, and past experiences. I try to buy all my aftermarket stuff from USA vendors and products made here as well. You get what ya pay for most times.

Check out post #4 in this thread it has the video of the soft doors and shade and element doors..
I am aware I started a thread about this last year where the doors were shown at SEMA https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cmon-bestop-give-the-jl-some-love-1-on-my-list.17661/

No matter how you slice it $3K for the doors is REDIC

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,

The Element doors for a 4 door JK with the upgraded Twill uppers come out to $2,272 on the website. We have not released any element doors with enclosures and uppers for the JL yet. We have a tube door options and a 2 piece soft door option.

The doors that are around 3K for a 4-door are for JK and they are the Core Doors and come with upgraded Twill uppers that also fit the OEM half Doors. The Core doors are the first ever cast aluminum door that seal like the OEM half door. They are coming for the JL, early next year most likely. https://www.bestop.com/core-door-mania/

https://www.bestop.com/jl-product-highlights

CassieAtBestop
Sponsored