Fudgepoop

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk' N
My new wheels finally arrived.

I ordered 5 Method MR312 wheels for my JLUR.

Ordered from a online from a reputable company and Method drop ships them to me.

#1 - Packaging fails---FedEx driver lifts box and tape fails on packaging and it hits the driveway. FedEx take package with him but still marks as delivered.

#2 - Box is crushed - Physical damage to wheel. Concrete rash on lip in two places. Rim has hit the ground somewhere along the way. Bow has been re-taped. I'm going to guess packaging failed. Wheel floating around inside of box.

#3 - FedEx retaped box. - Corners crushed - Plastic rim protector busted - no reinforcement by Shipper (Method) for corners. Protective plastic ring busted. Paint ship and scratches along edge of wheel. Wheel floating around inside of box.

#4 - Corners crushed - rash on rim of wheel. Plastic rim protector busted - Physical contact with concrete. Rim not protected by any cardboard and floating around inside the box.

#5 - Packaging failed - Rim not protected by any cardboard and floating around inside the box.

All of the packages I received were demolished. The packaging of these wheels seemed to be inadequate to protect the wheel for the journey across the US. All of the packages have a center cap that managed to unbox itself and scratch up some of the insides of the wheels.

None of these pictures are of the wheels that the FexEx laid to rest in my driveway.

When I spoke with Method, They assured me that packaging was tigh when it left their hands and I am sure it that is the case. However, the cardboard used is not heavy enough to support the weight of the wheel during shipping and handling. If they would have double boxed the wheels, this would have been a non-issue but they just shipped them in the branded box which was designed to sit in a showroom or on a shelf at an installer.

It is very disappointing in the way this product was packaged and shipped as well as how FedEx handled the packages.

I cannot speak for other companies other than Method and AR but AR I can speak to the difference in packaging between the two. AR is on top of their game for shipping and Method needs a lot of improvements to their packaging.

I have included pictures of how the wheels arrived "in the box" to me. All are being returned to the retailer and unfortunately, now they have to either deal with FexEx and/or Method to recoup their money for this shit show that they had nothing to do with.

I hope this helps someone else out so they do not have to go through the same experiences that I went through.

If you have a similar story, Lets hear it.

IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0903.jpg
IMG_0904.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0908.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I personally can't stand FedEx. Every month my Chewy order is beat the hell up. Every time I complain, FedEx claims it was damaged at the Chewy distribution center. Boxes are crushed and usually retaped. Big holes and gashes. So I'd almost bet FedEx screwed up your wheels.

OP
OP
Fudgepoop

Fudgepoop

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk' N
I am positive that FedEx played a huge part in the damage but I can also confirm that the packaging by Method sucks. There is nothing to protect from the outside damage but 1/8” cardboard. There is also nothing to keep the product from shifting inside the box. The shifting and handling is what caused this damage as well as the double tape stripes they use to close the box. The tape was failed to hold closed on ALL boxes.

Method chooses to use FedEx and so that is part their responsibility as well. Method confirmed that they use to use a foam packing material but they no longer use it.

All I know as a customer is that they shipped directly from Supplier to customer and this is the end result. It’s Method and FedEx together to make sure they are getting product to it’s destination

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I am positive that FedEx played a huge part in the damage but I can also confirm that the packaging by Method sucks. There is nothing to protect from the outside damage but 1/8” cardboard. There is also nothing to keep the product from shifting inside the box. The shifting and handling is what caused this damage as well as the double tape stripes they use to close the box. The tape was failed to hold closed on ALL boxes.

Method chooses to use FedEx and so that is part their responsibility as well. Method confirmed that they use to use a foam packing material but they no longer use it.

All I know as a customer is that they shipped directly from Supplier to customer and this is the end result. It’s Method and FedEx together to make sure they are getting product to it’s destination
This. Method still shares responsibility here. The fact that they seem to push otherwise verifies I will never order from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fudgepoop

Fudgepoop

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk' N
When moving the boxes, you actually hear the wheel metal banging on whatever surface you place it on. There is nothing to protect it inside the box. If it was just handling, I highly doubt all five would be damaged.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
While I would agree the packaging is not the best it’s not terrible either. I just ordered a set of 5 through Discount Tire. They were sent to my local store via fedex. All in perfect condition upon inspection.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
While I would agree the packaging is not the best it’s not terrible either. I just ordered a set of 5 through Discount Tire. They were sent to my local store via fedex. All in perfect condition upon inspection.
Thats because they were loaded on pallets, banded or wrapped to the pallet and were shipped with maybe a couple forklift transfers. But no hand lifting and dropping. This is why brick and mortar stores are still viable. You know what you're getting.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Are Method and/or Fedex going to make this right for you?

OP
OP
Fudgepoop

Fudgepoop

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk' N
Are Method and/or Fedex going to make this right for you?
Actually neither made it right. Method blamed FedEx for handling, FedEx blamed Method for packaging, and the retailer that I purchased from ended up eating the cost I think. I did return them as damaged to the retailer but the wheels were drop shipped from Method to my home address. The Retailer never touched them until I returned them for a refund.

I ordered Dirty Life Wheels.
Sponsored